Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first bird is just pretty much a picture of me. I identify with that.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I would welcome some snow about now,
==============================================================
I'm not quite ready to say that , yet. The 40 plus inches we got in Feb. in about a week is
still too fresh in my mind. But, I'll betcha by mid August I'll be sayin' the same thing.

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III
I don't know which is worse, Tubecity, your 40 inches of snow or the 19 inches of rain in the last 14 days that we've had in Iowa. ???

Frosty

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first picture looks so pretty, so peaceful there.. big population there? am just curious.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
frostytiger said:
I don't know which is worse, Tubecity, your 40 inches of snow or the 19 inches of rain in the last 14 days that we've had in Iowa. ???

Frosty

Yeah, and now it's all running down hill and drowning us in Missouri :help:

P

Pentico

Great pictures.
You got to love Colorado!
We are headed up to Leadville on Sunday to check on my uncle.
Then we be headed to the BBQ.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
when it's 99 out side, it's hard to remember there are cooler places. when I lived in Oak Creek, CO. went out to play softball in shorts & shirtsleeves,70 degrees, ended the game in 3" of snow & 30 degrees! if ya don't like the weather, wait a minute.
I would gladly trade you places. but I don't think you would like it. it amazes me so many people love 100, & high humidity. I am having a love affair w/ my air conditioner!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
when it's 99 out side, it's hard to remember there are cooler places. when I lived in Oak Creek, CO. went out to play softball in shorts & shirtsleeves,70 degrees, ended the game in 3" of snow & 30 degrees! if ya don't like the weather, wait a minute.
I would gladly trade you places. but I don't think you would like it. it amazes me so many people love 100, & high humidity. I am having a love affair w/ my air conditioner!
I had to post that their again fer you and the same goes fer me to. This humidititty really sucks. Sweat off a few lbs in the last couple days. I'll take 30 degrees and a shot of snow any day. winter or summer.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a resort community, bootybay, (ski area) actual folks that live here year round population is about 1500 or so. When the second home owners come in somebody said it was about 5,000. With some of the events, we can have as many as 10,000 hangin around. It costs a lot to live here and it's a tough climate to make it in. I got sent here 6 years ago from Oklahoma. It is nice in the off season, and I like the tourists too. It is one of the most diverse places in the US. We were in the breakroom at work one day and I remarked to the boss, "Do you realize that lady's from England, she's from Scotland, he's from Bulgaria, that guy's from Mexico, she's from Honduras, those guys are from Mauritania, Mali, and Senegal west Africa, and we're all just sitting here normal and comfortable as anything? Whenever in your life has this ever happened?" I have met, worked with, and talked with people from almost every nation on the planet. I think a few were from other planets, maybe. It's a little different than drinkin coffee with the boys down at the Co-op every mornin, but I kinda like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread