Striper Fishing Trip - North Beach Rod-N-Reel

M

MiniMe

With all that's been going on these days, I finally found some time to relax out on the water fishing :wink:. Civilman and I were invited by his co-worker, Howard to go on a charter fishing trip with his Elks Club. We had a blast and I caught my limit :hello2: . First time for me fishing out of North Beach Rod-N-Reel - beautiful place. Even though I've never been there the scenery looks a little familiar :icon_scratch: Thanks for looking.

P6120032.JPG P6120039.JPG

P6120034.JPG P6120035.JPG

P6120037.JPG P6120038.JPG

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great eating too......Need to go in the Fall for the monster's :crybaby2:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nice ones. How are you rigging up to catch them?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great catch! Someone will be having a fish fry soon. Love the pics...also love your shorter hairdo...very becoming on ya!

:wink: RR

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing!! I've only ever caught one striper myself and WOW was it tasty. Enjoy!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Stripers. My grand dad used to live in N. Beach Md. I used to stay the weekends with him when I was a kid. I believe the Rod & Reel was there back in the early 70's, it sure sounds familiar. I remember camping on the beach and catching crabs off the pilings around the docks back then with my uncle. Thanks for the memories.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

River Rat said:
Great catch! Someone will be having a fish fry soon. Love the pics...also love your shorter hairdo...very becoming on ya!

:wink: RR

Thanks RR....the fish tasted great and you should see the hair now... gone GI Jane ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Striper fishing is pretty good this year in the bay. Probably means the crab population will decline for a couple of years. That just the cycle of the bay if we leave it alone.

Ed D.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch! What's your limit out there? They taste great barbecued also! Just put the fillet on a piece of tin foil skin side down. No need to skin or scale the fish. Put on some REAL butter, onions, lemon slices, pepper, cilantro and "maybe" a good fish seasoning. Close cover. Will cook up pretty quick so watch carefully; don't wanna overcook. Never need to turn it over. When it's done just take a spatula and remove just the meat leaving the skin on the tin foil for the trash. Best tartar sauce to me is just taking mayonnaise and Del Monte relish and mixing them together. Cut up some onions and mix them in also and you're done. Wish I had your catch to fix up for this 4th of July coming up.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Man Packer that sounds awesome, I will definitely have to fix it that way the next time I cook it. I really like the fish on the grill, just gives it a better taste. I used a lemon butter sauce last time and it turned out pretty good. Our limit during this time of year is 2 between 18"-28" or 1 @ 18"-28" and 1 bigger than 28". Sorry I can't send you some for the 4th. HH

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I was gonna ask earlier. What's with the pointy caps on the pilings? Is that to keep the gulls from pooping on them? I notice a couple gulls perched on them in the last pic. Actually, a dock, pier or piling without gull poop on it just doesn't seem real. Kinda like a statue w/o pigeon poop. ;D
Here's a pic of a salmon I barbecued in Alaska the same way I do striper.

Attachments

• food2.jpg
    food2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 182
  • food2.jpg
    food2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 184

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great catch. I am guessing they are the same species that migrated and stayed up the fresh water ways. I like to fillet out that little red section in them and cook as everyone suggested or back then with lemon juice fresh butter and fresh basil .Basil is wonderful on larger bass. Smooth and clean. Fun trip thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread