Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so we saw Devon Allman, the Luv Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage here in Frisco at the BBQ challenge, so now we have a group that consists of 3 trombones, bass, a guitar and drums. I saw that and started walking to the beer stand. They tore into Black Sabbath's 'War Pigs' which isn't really arranged for trombones, and I was hooked. You had to be there. They brought out the best or worst in the crowd, too.

Attachments

• bond.JPG
    bond.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 428
  • bonc.JPG
    bonc.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 424
  • bonb.JPG
    bonb.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 427
  • bona.JPG
    bona.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 435
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I take a lot of shots of the crowd. I like that last guy as I like his Fishbone T-shirt. He wasn't even born when War Pigs came out, but it was kinda cool we could relate.

razyn_kayn

Greenie
Nov 2, 2008
Greenville, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
RGINN said:
I like that last guy as I like his Fishbone T-shirt. He wasn't even born when War Pigs came out, but it was kinda cool we could relate.

Neither was I but I would have absolutely LOVED to have seen/heard this version of War Pigs and probably would have been just as into it as this dude, LOL! :headbang:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, good representative sample. Way more better live, as they sing too. Lot of things goin on there. I was in band in school and played trumpet. (They didn't have guitarists) We all had trouble followin the sheet music in class, but we could hit dead on every new Herb Alpert song that came out, so we were half-way cool. Our trombone players were pretty much the guys who couldn't really do much else and were basically just big ol farm boys. 45 years later, this could be their revenge.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this one time at band camp .................. :laughing9:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Thanks Jeff, good representative sample. Way more better live, as they sing too. Lot of things goin on there. I was in band in school and played trumpet. (They didn't have guitarists) We all had trouble followin the sheet music in class, but we could hit dead on every new Herb Alpert song that came out, so we were half-way cool. Our trombone players were pretty much the guys who couldn't really do much else and were basically just big ol farm boys. 45 years later, this could be their revenge.

Jeff played Trumpet in High school also and til he got rid of it he still played Herb Alpert an sadi the same as you about band !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread