Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to get a pic of the fighter jet flyover, but a bunch of us hit the ground as we weren't expectin those bad boys comin in that low. Lots of horsepower represented in the parade. 25,000 people in attendance. The weather was nice in the 70's for the day, but dropped into the 30's for the fireworks show that night.

Attachments

• 7-4b.jpg
    7-4b.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 7-4c.jpg
    7-4c.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 7-4d.jpg
    7-4d.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 7-4e.jpg
    7-4e.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 297
  • 7-4a.jpg
    7-4a.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 296
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I got more Mark. I don't know what belly dancers have to do with the 4th, but we had em. The guys on the front row seem to be enjoying them. My camera takes really, really good pictures sometimes so Maria made me dump some of the ones I thought were better.

Attachments

• 4-c.jpg
    4-c.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 4-b.jpg
    4-b.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 231
  • 4-a.jpg
    4-a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 226
  • 4-d.jpg
    4-d.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 4-f.jpg
    4-f.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 207

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
awesome pics my friend..thanks for sharing..................see ya mark

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great parade! They don't do 4th parades here there was only 1 in the whole county. My FIL went to it an not many people but, he said he saw only 2 people pay respect to the flag as it came by other than him and 1 of those was a policeman !

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange, Oklahoma has apparently took the fast lane to h*ll since I left there. We had a little trouble salutin the flag this year. Last year, the flag passing in review with the color guard was the first thing up, so there was no doubt in your mind when to salute, and quite a few folks did. This year it wasn't that way. When the Big Red Bus came through we all figured that was good enough for the flag passing and we all saluted then. The whole thing was a little confusing for us old f*rts, but we got her saluted at one point or another, we just didn't know exactly when was the proper time.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the grandkids ask WHY doesn't everyone salute at parades ? One time when someone next to us said something rude and they hadn't paid tribute I looked at my grandson an said that they did not love America an should move to another country that felt the same way!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
There you go again. Giving us so much detail to see. LOL. That is a sharp looking girl on the black pinto with the blaze face. But
she has a strange looking horn on her saddle from what I can see. It might be covered with something, though. She also is in the pic just under the one of the jumping bike but the horn is behind the horse's head. I like the outfits the riders are all wearing.
And the scenery around there is beautiful. We have dog sled races here during our winter festivals. Thanks for sharing your
parade. Ray

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ray. That is a different lookin saddle horn, but it might be the camera angle. Granny, there are some American churches whose members aren't allowed to salute the flag. Some of them are my friends and they are just as much for America as we are, but I won't comment one way or the other. They will at least tell you why they don't salute, if you ask them. (Then they will come to your house regularly every Wednesday or Saturday, and give you things to read. I hope my buddy Ismael reads that, as he will take it good-naturedly.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread