fishing on the ocean

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
nice couple days on lake atlantic. sorry so many pics. it sure was fun. the porpoises come right up to the boat to play. awesome.
fathersday2010001.jpg

fathersday2010004.jpg

fathersday2010009.jpg

indianriver005.jpg

fishing7-10-10005.jpg

6-29-2010fishing005.jpg

OP
OP
antlr-king

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
the yellowish one is a mahi mahi and the striped one is a wahoo. we did catch a few baracuda but didnt take pics of them. there just to slimmy and smelly...lol

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
while wahoo looks some what like a cuda -- it is much more fun to catch (cudas are one run and i'm done --, while wahoos are named that for a reason * )--- and wahoo's much much better to eat--

the mahi - mahi ( aka as -- dolphin * not the flipper type ) needless to say are great to eat. :icon_thumright: ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could spend the rest of my life out there,just not a hole lot of diggin'......Thank's for sharing! :icon_thumright:

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Yeehaa

Good to see another fisho here on TN, We have the Mahi Mahi here in new zealand in the top quarter of NZ in the summer months, Havent caught one yet but aparently excellent eating fish and a quality sportfish. The wahoo looks just that, one slender bullet, I think i read somewhere that they are the fastest fish in the ocean?

What do you do with the barracuda, we always knock the buggers out and whack them into a berly pot, good for that atleast. Anyway looks as tho you had one of the better days out there, Love being on the water when it is all glassy, Going out tomorrow but somehow i am not expecting the reflection in the water like you had.

Happy fishing :icon_thumright:

Sasnz

DanL

Feb 17, 2007
Ellicott City, Maryland
Cool pics! I take it you were in the Keys? Just got back last weekend; however, instead of catching fish, they nearly caught me. Had a close encounter with a 12-foot bull shark while on a jet ski looking for manatees.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bull sharks are large , nasty tempered and also highly aggressive towards humans--- in my view as a 27 year professional seaman --they are one of the most dangerous types of shark found in the florida area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread