Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1800's mining town east of Aspen. They've done some restoration and archaeological research. Do not touch anything or mention metal detector. There's a lot of artifacts lying around still and there's a caretaker on site. I guess she heard me telling Maria about the things I would do to just get in there one hour and detect, and that lady followed me through the whole site all the way back to my pick-up. Never said a word.

Attachments

• 8-17a.jpg
    8-17a.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 8-17b.jpg
    8-17b.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 8-17c.jpg
    8-17c.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 8-17d.jpg
    8-17d.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 323
  • 8-17e.jpg
    8-17e.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 320

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
its nice that they keeped it in good condition! Did you go over Independance pass? We were just on Cottonwood Pass today.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pics Rginn. Has spring arrived there yet :laughing7: I just cruised through Colorado last week. Vail summit 10,800 feet I believe

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah spring! Enjoyed a couple of days of spring then 30 minutes of summer. 3 months of winter and 9 months of late fall.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello RGINN

Enjoyed your pics. I think around here we get about 5 months winter and 7 months of road construction.

I just got back from a two-week camping trip up North and am trying to catch up on the ones that I missed while gone.

I'm kinda late getting on here from being busy unpacking and what-all, Sure got a lot of grass to cut tomorrow. It grew
pretty high and looks more like a hay field than a lawn. LOL.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ray

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother you keep showing this old place an before you know there gonna be a red jeep cherrokee out front an a big bald fat guy out back with a detector on :tongue3: :laughing9:

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking area, lot of history there.

chengshuyan88

Aug 30, 2010
One error I spotted - The Google part is almost (not quite, but almost) the opposite of what you say. They didn't succeed because of merely refusingghdto do paid-placement. There were plenty of other search engines which didn't do paid-placement either. Remember AltaVista? Google had a combination of factors, including bona-fide better technology AND the fact that big companies were uninterested in the market - part of the story is how Microsoft ignored the area until it was too late.ghds Plus, Google then made an associated advertising model work, which now threatens to become a privacy monster (there's a lot of irony that people quote, given their original ideas of integrity). It's not exactly a supportive story for your purposes.ghd straighteners

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all lost me. But welcome to Tnet, chengshuyan88!

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Just think of the metal artifacts around these places rusting away, never to see the light of day again thanks to well doers. I am not saying just go rape all the historic places, just that the public will miss out on seeing a lot of stuff because it will never get dug. What will it look like there in another hundred years after the buildings have fell apart? Yeah, they have a caretaker but I doubt they will spend the $ to preserve the buildings for eternity. Maybe if you map all these places your great grandchildren can go detect them after they (buildings) disappear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread