Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every year about this time we start putting corn and milo outside our yard fence for the deer......Well in the last few days, we've had a doe and baby come in to feed about 6:00p.m. and one small buck right before dark. But, this evening the BUCKS "came out of the woodwork" :o ! There were 8 different bucks all ranging from spikes to a nice 10 point. This is the first year my daughter has been able to get pictures of them in the velvet. She was soooooo excited! We just thought we would share some of the pics with you all------Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy!!!
sandcreek~~

Attachments

• IMG_2933 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2933 (750x500).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2927 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2927 (750x500).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2926 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2926 (750x500).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2919 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2919 (750x500).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2918 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2918 (750x500).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2916 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2916 (750x500).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2914 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2914 (750x500).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2906 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2906 (750x500).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2901 (750x499).jpg
    IMG_2901 (750x499).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2900 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2900 (750x500).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2892 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2892 (750x500).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 264
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more ;D ......

Attachments

• IMG_2852 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2852 (750x500).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2903 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2903 (750x500).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2894 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2894 (750x500).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 247

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a great BBQ no matter which direction you look :tongue3:

Great pics :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
looks like a great BBQ no matter which direction you look :tongue3:

Great pics :icon_thumleft:
:laughing9:

Thanks Tank! :hello:

sandcreek~~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're daughter did a great job with the pic's......I hope she's looking through a scope next time that heavy racked 10 show's up :icon_thumleft: Healthy group of buck's!!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh you guys have some good chemistry in those deer out there!.

Consistent symmetrical racks. I used to Bow hunt when I was a kid to my 20's .

I was a pretty darn good shot. I used no sights,meters or gadgets like they do now.

We raised Hungarian Visla pointer dogs and when I ran my favorite dog in the corn stubble behind our house, I would bring my recurve bow equipped with arrows for bird hunting. What a challenge!
I got a few and missed a bunch! :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pics. I like the second one as it looks like a two headed deer. I camped a couple of nights in the Wichitas last week and a herd of about 15 does and fawns wandered through my camp, but the bucks were stayin back off in the woods.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. :icon_thumright: Look tasty. ;D

BTW, what do have in the water there? :D

Attachments

• whichwaytogo.jpg
    whichwaytogo.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 214
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
You're daughter did a great job with the pic's......I hope she's looking through a scope next time that heavy racked 10 show's up :icon_thumleft: Healthy group of buck's!!
43 DAYS til the first doe hunt, civilman.....Josie is counting them down ;D . We'll stock up the freezer again. This is probably my most favorite time of the year! We were kinda surprised to see the bucks coming in before dark, but it had been raining off and on all day and they must have been hungry. A couple of the young bucks were fighting---that is so neat to see! They don't fight too aggressively, though, until they loose the velvet on their horns.
Thanks civilman!
4-H said:
Oh you guys have some good chemistry in those deer out there!.

Consistent symmetrical racks. I used to Bow hunt when I was a kid to my 20's .

I was a pretty darn good shot. I used no sights,meters or gadgets like they do now.

We raised Hungarian Visla pointer dogs and when I ran my favorite dog in the corn stubble behind our house, I would bring my recurve bow equipped with arrows for bird hunting. What a challenge!
I got a few and missed a bunch! :D
The gene pool on these deer has improved vastly in the last few years, Mike. We make sure they have food all winter (milo, corn, 16% protein cattle cubes). I think it helps make for a healthier bunch. And in the long run, it does improve the growth of HORNS ;D . They have plenty of natural forage, also. This year will mark 5 years that we've been putting out feed for the deer and Josie has taken so many awesome pictures and we've learned so much about deer habits. Bow hunting is something that Josie wants to do....she just hunts with black powder and a rifle right now. Oklahoma legalized cross-bows this year, so we might get her one of those.
You mentioned Visla's---that is the next kind of dog I want.....those are so cool looking. I'd like to cross one of those with my Weimaraner.
Thanks Mike!
RGINN said:
Excellent pics. I like the second one as it looks like a two headed deer. I camped a couple of nights in the Wichitas last week and a herd of about 15 does and fawns wandered through my camp, but the bucks were stayin back off in the woods.
Thanks RGINN---It was raining all day yesterday and had just quit and the sun came out when these deer wondered in. The sun made all those horns looks like they were glowing---it was sure a pretty sight. There's nothing more beautiful to me than looking out the window and seeing lots of horns :D .
:hello:
sandcreek~~
DigginThePast said:
Cool pics. :icon_thumright: Look tasty. ;D

BTW, what do have in the water there? :D
Good old limestone minerals in this water! It makes the buffalo, cattle, horses and deer grow like crazy ;D . But it doesn't make them grow two heads :wink:.
Thanks DigginThePast!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
those are cool pics! I really like the glowing velvet too, and the double headed buck :icon_thumleft: Good bucks in this area fer sure. Is Cicatraz in any of the pictures? We missed all the rain, just a sprinkle. But I'm watching a big thunderhead in Kansas right now :wink: It should feel very different this time tomorrow.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
those are cool pics! I really like the glowing velvet too, and the double headed buck :icon_thumleft: Good bucks in this area fer sure. Is Cicatraz in any of the pictures? We missed all the rain, just a sprinkle. But I'm watching a big thunderhead in Kansas right now :wink: It should feel very different this time tomorrow.
I don't think Cicatriz has started coming in yet---there's no telling what's in here at night, though. I hope Cicatriz does come back, cause he was a really nice buck last year. In the early spring(March of this year), the buck we call "Elliot" tried to jump this 7 wire fence north of our house and one of his hind legs got caught in the top two wires :o . We just happened to be home and saw him and cut him loose. I hope it didn't cripple him too bad cause he limped around for a few weeks and then we didn't see him anymore. If he comes back this year, he might be really gnarly.
All these bucks (from last nights pictures) look like young bucks, maybe 2 or 3 year olds. The 10 point in the picture looks like the most mature buck in this group---he has a little heavier body than the others and seemed to be the dominant buck. We started putting out corn a little early this year and it didn't take long for them to find it. We really need to get a trail cam and put it up on the fence to see what's out here in the middle of the night.

Thanks Lisa :hello:

Carmon~~

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great pics Sandcreek. You sure got some good looking studs on your place. Best of luck in the upcoming season. :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have learned you can not change the genetics but hog and cattle minerals will sure add some mass.
( I have been waiting for these pictures by the way !! lol )That ten sure has a big belly on him bet he is 5 at least. Looks like one has a nice sticjer as well. We open in 16 days archery. I am ready. Hopefully before the year is gone I might run out and hunt the Canadian out past Watonga,OK. Problem is that wind never stops!!!! We have stands with hurricane anchors on them to keep them from blowing over.
Hope you guys have a great safe season and your daughter gets another big one. Keep posting and I wil too when I get some more pics.
Happy huntin,
TnMtns

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice deer herd, you grow them bigger up North. :thumbsup:

Fossis............

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Wow, great pics Sandcreek. You sure got some good looking studs on your place. Best of luck in the upcoming season. :thumbsup:
They are kinda "studly" looking bucks, huh, mainer? ;D We are so thrilled when they come in for the first time in the Fall. Its cool to look out the window and see nothing but horns moving around.
Thanks for the comments---Stay safe if hurricane Earl heads your way!
TnMountains said:
I have learned you can not change the genetics but hog and cattle minerals will sure add some mass.
( I have been waiting for these pictures by the way !! lol )That ten sure has a big belly on him bet he is 5 at least. Looks like one has a nice sticjer as well. We open in 16 days archery. I am ready. Hopefully before the year is gone I might run out and hunt the Canadian out past Watonga,OK. Problem is that wind never stops!!!! We have stands with hurricane anchors on them to keep them from blowing over.
Hope you guys have a great safe season and your daughter gets another big one. Keep posting and I wil too when I get some more pics.
Happy huntin,
TnMtns
Yeah, that ten point looks pretty mature---he's got a "pot" belly.
I hope you knock a big one down if you come out here to Okla.....Can't you hunt mule deer as well as whitetails out in those western counties?
Here's to a great hunting season for you as well :occasion14: ----Stay safe and have fun!
fossis said:
That's a nice deer herd, you grow them bigger up North. :thumbsup:

Fossis............
Thanks Fossis.....The deer seem to be getting a little bigger in this area. I can remember when my dad & grandpa used to hunt on land just a little ways north of me........they were really tickled to get 6 and 8 points. Grandpa would have been amazed to see some of these bigger bucks we have now.
Here's a couple more pics...........
Thanks everyone---Glad you all are enjoying the pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_2899 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2899 (750x500).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2891 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2891 (750x500).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2913 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2913 (750x500).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2917 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2917 (750x500).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2934 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2934 (750x500).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2858 (750x500).jpg
    IMG_2858 (750x500).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 164

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area we go to does not have the mule deer. My last trip out I did not harvest anything because I was looking for something special. They were having a problem with wild ranging hogs. Very devastating but I still saw 50 to 60 deer a day. My problem was I wanted to look for arrowheads,take pictures and explore the land all the while looking for a good buck!! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread