Bucks in the velvet---picture heavy :-)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    White's Prizm III and Ace 250
    273 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Bucks in the velvet---picture heavy :-)

Every year about this time we start putting corn and milo outside our yard fence for the deer......Well in the last few days, we've had a doe and baby come in to feed about 6:00p.m. and one small buck right before dark. But, this evening the BUCKS "came out of the woodwork" ! There were 8 different bucks all ranging from spikes to a nice 10 point. This is the first year my daughter has been able to get pictures of them in the velvet. She was soooooo excited! We just thought we would share some of the pics with you all------Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy!!!
    sandcreek~~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2933 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	446032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2927 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	446033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2926 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	446034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2919 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	446035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2918 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	446036  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2916 (750x500).jpg 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	446037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2914 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	446038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2906 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	446040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2901 (750x499).jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	446041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2900 (750x500).jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	446042  

Name:	IMG_2892 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	446043  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    273 times

Re: Bucks in the velvet---picture heavy :-)

A few more ......

Name:	IMG_2852 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	446044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2903 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	446045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2894 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	446046  
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name". Isaiah 45:3

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    55 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

looks like a great BBQ no matter which direction you look

Great pics
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    273 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tank69
    looks like a great BBQ no matter which direction you look

Great pics

Thanks Tank!

sandcreek~~

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1062 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You're daughter did a great job with the pic's......I hope she's looking through a scope next time that heavy racked 10 show's up Healthy group of buck's!!

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Oh you guys have some good chemistry in those deer out there!.

Consistent symmetrical racks. I used to Bow hunt when I was a kid to my 20's .

I was a pretty darn good shot. I used no sights,meters or gadgets like they do now.

We raised Hungarian Visla pointer dogs and when I ran my favorite dog in the corn stubble behind our house, I would bring my recurve bow equipped with arrows for bird hunting. What a challenge!
    I got a few and missed a bunch!

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    7187 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Excellent pics. I like the second one as it looks like a two headed deer. I camped a couple of nights in the Wichitas last week and a herd of about 15 does and fawns wandered through my camp, but the bucks were stayin back off in the woods.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    71 times

Cool pics. Look tasty.

BTW, what do have in the water there?

Name:	whichwaytogo.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	446173  

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    273 times

Quote Originally Posted by civilman1
    You're daughter did a great job with the pic's......I hope she's looking through a scope next time that heavy racked 10 show's up Healthy group of buck's!!
    43 DAYS til the first doe hunt, civilman.....Josie is counting them down . We'll stock up the freezer again. This is probably my most favorite time of the year! We were kinda surprised to see the bucks coming in before dark, but it had been raining off and on all day and they must have been hungry. A couple of the young bucks were fighting---that is so neat to see! They don't fight too aggressively, though, until they loose the velvet on their horns.
    Thanks civilman!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-H
    Oh you guys have some good chemistry in those deer out there!.

Consistent symmetrical racks. I used to Bow hunt when I was a kid to my 20's .

I was a pretty darn good shot. I used no sights,meters or gadgets like they do now.

We raised Hungarian Visla pointer dogs and when I ran my favorite dog in the corn stubble behind our house, I would bring my recurve bow equipped with arrows for bird hunting. What a challenge!
    I got a few and missed a bunch!
    The gene pool on these deer has improved vastly in the last few years, Mike. We make sure they have food all winter (milo, corn, 16% protein cattle cubes). I think it helps make for a healthier bunch. And in the long run, it does improve the growth of HORNS . They have plenty of natural forage, also. This year will mark 5 years that we've been putting out feed for the deer and Josie has taken so many awesome pictures and we've learned so much about deer habits. Bow hunting is something that Josie wants to do....she just hunts with black powder and a rifle right now. Oklahoma legalized cross-bows this year, so we might get her one of those.
    You mentioned Visla's---that is the next kind of dog I want.....those are so cool looking. I'd like to cross one of those with my Weimaraner.
    Thanks Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN
    Excellent pics. I like the second one as it looks like a two headed deer. I camped a couple of nights in the Wichitas last week and a herd of about 15 does and fawns wandered through my camp, but the bucks were stayin back off in the woods.
    Thanks RGINN---It was raining all day yesterday and had just quit and the sun came out when these deer wondered in. The sun made all those horns looks like they were glowing---it was sure a pretty sight. There's nothing more beautiful to me than looking out the window and seeing lots of horns .

sandcreek~~
    Quote Originally Posted by DigginThePast
    Cool pics. Look tasty.

BTW, what do have in the water there?
    Good old limestone minerals in this water! It makes the buffalo, cattle, horses and deer grow like crazy . But it doesn't make them grow two heads .
    Thanks DigginThePast!

us
    Mar 2009
    379 times

those are cool pics! I really like the glowing velvet too, and the double headed buck Good bucks in this area fer sure. Is Cicatraz in any of the pictures? We missed all the rain, just a sprinkle. But I'm watching a big thunderhead in Kansas right now It should feel very different this time tomorrow.

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    273 times

Quote Originally Posted by naturegirl
    those are cool pics! I really like the glowing velvet too, and the double headed buck Good bucks in this area fer sure. Is Cicatraz in any of the pictures? We missed all the rain, just a sprinkle. But I'm watching a big thunderhead in Kansas right now It should feel very different this time tomorrow.
    I don't think Cicatriz has started coming in yet---there's no telling what's in here at night, though. I hope Cicatriz does come back, cause he was a really nice buck last year. In the early spring(March of this year), the buck we call "Elliot" tried to jump this 7 wire fence north of our house and one of his hind legs got caught in the top two wires . We just happened to be home and saw him and cut him loose. I hope it didn't cripple him too bad cause he limped around for a few weeks and then we didn't see him anymore. If he comes back this year, he might be really gnarly.
    All these bucks (from last nights pictures) look like young bucks, maybe 2 or 3 year olds. The 10 point in the picture looks like the most mature buck in this group---he has a little heavier body than the others and seemed to be the dominant buck. We started putting out corn a little early this year and it didn't take long for them to find it. We really need to get a trail cam and put it up on the fence to see what's out here in the middle of the night.

Thanks Lisa

Carmon~~

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    29 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow, great pics Sandcreek. You sure got some good looking studs on your place. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8545 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I have learned you can not change the genetics but hog and cattle minerals will sure add some mass.
    ( I have been waiting for these pictures by the way !! lol )That ten sure has a big belly on him bet he is 5 at least. Looks like one has a nice sticjer as well. We open in 16 days archery. I am ready. Hopefully before the year is gone I might run out and hunt the Canadian out past Watonga,OK. Problem is that wind never stops!!!! We have stands with hurricane anchors on them to keep them from blowing over.
    Hope you guys have a great safe season and your daughter gets another big one. Keep posting and I wil too when I get some more pics.
    Happy huntin,
    TnMtns
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Jan 2007
    eastern Oklahoma
    Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
    83 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That's a nice deer herd, you grow them bigger up North.

Fossis............
    fossil hunter Indian Artifact collector MDer Antique collector

us
    Sep 2007
    Oklahoma
    273 times

Quote Originally Posted by mainer
    Wow, great pics Sandcreek. You sure got some good looking studs on your place. Best of luck in the upcoming season.
    They are kinda "studly" looking bucks, huh, mainer? We are so thrilled when they come in for the first time in the Fall. Its cool to look out the window and see nothing but horns moving around.
    Thanks for the comments---Stay safe if hurricane Earl heads your way!
    Quote Originally Posted by TnMountains
    I have learned you can not change the genetics but hog and cattle minerals will sure add some mass.
    ( I have been waiting for these pictures by the way !! lol )That ten sure has a big belly on him bet he is 5 at least. Looks like one has a nice sticjer as well. We open in 16 days archery. I am ready. Hopefully before the year is gone I might run out and hunt the Canadian out past Watonga,OK. Problem is that wind never stops!!!! We have stands with hurricane anchors on them to keep them from blowing over.
    Hope you guys have a great safe season and your daughter gets another big one. Keep posting and I wil too when I get some more pics.
    Happy huntin,
    TnMtns
    Yeah, that ten point looks pretty mature---he's got a "pot" belly.
    I hope you knock a big one down if you come out here to Okla.....Can't you hunt mule deer as well as whitetails out in those western counties?
    Here's to a great hunting season for you as well ----Stay safe and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by fossis

That's a nice deer herd, you grow them bigger up North.

Fossis............
    Thanks Fossis.....The deer seem to be getting a little bigger in this area. I can remember when my dad & grandpa used to hunt on land just a little ways north of me........they were really tickled to get 6 and 8 points. Grandpa would have been amazed to see some of these bigger bucks we have now.
    Here's a couple more pics...........
    Thanks everyone---Glad you all are enjoying the pictures!

Name:	IMG_2891 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	446352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2899 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	446353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2913 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	446354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2917 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	446355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2934 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	446357  

Name:	IMG_2858 (750x500).jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	446358  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links