backyard 6.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 307

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: What's in your backyard

fyrffytr...those are really lovely pictures, not too sure if I would like to see a snake or an alligator???? in my back garden though. We are just not used to seeing those in the UK except in a zoo. I would like to see the hummingbirds though.

U.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics. Wish I had a pic of the moose on our back lawn last weekend. Would have been a good pic. :hello:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All are very nice, but I like the hummingbird. Definitely the kind of pics I want to be able to take. Mainer, I could have us a fine pic of a moose, but unfortunately the only moose I ever knew was Bullwinkle, and they ain't that way in real life. You can't run and take pics worth crap, I've found out.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
All are very nice, but I like the hummingbird. Definitely the kind of pics I want to be able to take. Mainer, I could have us a fine pic of a moose, but unfortunately the only moose I ever knew was Bullwinkle, and they ain't that way in real life. You can't run and take pics worth crap, I've found out.

Spent alot of time in the woods. Deer hunting and MDing, and seen countless moose, never had one bother me. You dont want to mess with the bulls while they are in the rut, but other then that they dont bother me. :o Now that I say that I'll get trampled tomorrow. :tongue3:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are some nicely composed pictures. Either you're a professional photographer, or very dedicated to the hobby. What type of camera and lenses did you use. I am almost certain this is not a digital camera, but then again the secret is in the lens.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

W :o W!! Those are some fantastic pics. You sure have a lot of critters in your backyard. Love the hummingbird and the frog on the leaf. Felinepeachy is gonna be green with envy looking at the close ups of the spider & frogs. Thanks for sharing with us, and yes I would like to know what kind of camera also.

:wink: RR

F

Felinepeachy

GORGEOUS PICS!!! Could have lived a million years without the spider pic though. :tard: Another sleepless night for me
sarcastic.gif

But really, awesome shots
d_canon.gif

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have an 'active back yard', great pic's. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unicorn said:
fyrffytr...those are really lovely pictures, not too sure if I would like to see a snake or an alligator???? in my back garden though. We are just not used to seeing those in the UK except in a zoo. I would like to see the hummingbirds though.

U.

The alligator was a monster measuring almost 3 feet long! :laughing7: I actually caught it and put it in a plastic storage bin until the game warden came by and picked it up. Here is a picture of her holding it. She released it in a wildlife management area. There is no water within a mile of my house so I still don't know where the gator came from.
We have several non poisonous snakes around. They keep the rodent population under control

Attachments

• backyard 10.JPG
    backyard 10.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 248
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RON (PA) said:
Great pics..What kind of snake????

I don't know the scientific name for it. We call them "Puff Adders" or "Spreading Adders" down here. He is about 12" long. I laid down on my stomach about 2' from him for this shot. You can touch them and they roll over and play dead!

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Those are some nicely composed pictures. Either you're a professional photographer, or very dedicated to the hobby. What type of camera and lenses did you use. I am almost certain this is not a digital camera, but then again the secret is in the lens.

All were taken with a digital camera. And, all but the first one were shot with an Olympus D-SLR model E 500 8 megapixel camera using a Zuiko 14-45mm lens or a Zuiko 40-150mm zoom lens.
The first picture(and the one I like the most) was taken with an old Hewlett-Packard "point and shoot" 3.1 megapixel camera.
I am not a professional but I do enjoy photgraphy. I have probably taken over 1,000 digital pictures and these are the best of all the ones taken.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fyrffytr1 said:
RON (PA) said:
Great pics..What kind of snake????

I don't know the scientific name for it. We call them "Puff Adders" or "Spreading Adders" down here. He is about 12" long. I laid down on my stomach about 2' from him for this shot. You can touch them and they roll over and play dead!

Fantastic southern photos. The snake is what we call a hognose up here. They act mean as can be but will not bite you and do play dead. Beautiful wildlife pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
TnMtns

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for all the positive comments. Here are a few more. They are Yellow finches. Most of the time they are a plain colored bird but when mating season comes along the males turn bright yellow. These shots show different stages of that.

Attachments

• backyard 12.JPG
    backyard 12.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 204
  • backyard 11.JPG
    backyard 11.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 209
  • backyard 13.JPG
    backyard 13.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 211

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o :o

I was going to say..do you fancy swoping yards :o till I seen the Snake and Gaitor :o But Great Pictures :notworthy:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread