9-8d.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 403

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
RGINN nice pics. That is really a shame that a kid of that age, and way out in your camping area would have a fear like that. I
hope he enjoyed the time and area with you. Good for you for taking him out for a great time like that. I'm sure he'll
remember it for the rest of his life. :thumbsup:

Ray

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ray. He's from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, and he's up here on a legal 6 month visa. It's way more worse down there than what we know, because the newspapers don't report it all out of fear of reprisals. I know there's probably places you could camp safely, but I guess if you live there, you figure just stay home is your best bet, especially if you're scared about what you hear about every day. That s**t ain't gonna happen here, hoss, not with me. I'll get him in school and keep him here legal; he ain't goin back to that place. He's told me a lot about that place, and it just ain't right.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, that third pic is awesome.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you all had a good camping trip, but it's sad what this world is coming to, I just watched (Border Wars) last night, scary stuff.

Fossis..............

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Next time tell him their are no drug runners there Because the Comanchero scalped em all..
Nice pictures,I haven,t camped this year.summer s not gone though
HH,Mont

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I am sorry that the boy is so terrified of the bad people.
Thanks for taking him camping and showing him what real life is about.
Love your pictures, thanks for sharing.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
the last pic cant be real!!!!!!.....................................because its so amazingly beautiful!!!! its a shme he has to fear like that :(. Hope you give him the time of his life :)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pics. I hope you both had a great time camping...keep him here, with a grandpa like you he can't go wrong.

Adda2ude

Apr 2, 2012
Pueblo West, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Spectrum XLT/Quantam XT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live a few minutes from Pueblo Res and work a few minutes from Brush Hollow (the lake North of Penrose). The second picture of the marina is Pueblo Res, right? The third picture doesn't look familiar at all. Is that Brush Hollow?!?!?! I know it isn't Pueblo Res for sure.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, I forgot about this post. Good to have you on here, Adda2ude! The marina's at Pueblo (north one I think) and the last one is Brush Hollow. The area has some archaeological sites so I was up there checkin it out. We like campin at Pueblo cause it's always warmer there than here in the high country. I like to stop at that Shell Station in Canon City and see the fortune telling Elvis, too. May sound a little strange, but it is nice to get out of the mountains once in a while and hang out on the plains or the desert down around Moab for a few days. Welcome to Tnet from the Oklahoma/Texas/Mexico Foreign Embassy here in Summit County, Colorado!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, RGINN, I cannot add more to your photo ability.... about your grandson... such a shame. A shame. TTC

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Took my visiting 14 yr. old grandson from Mexico on his first ever camping trip. He had to sleep in the tent though, cause he feared if we slept outside drug dealers might come in the night and cut our heads off. Took some pics at sunup and checked out the lake north of Penrose, an area I heard about on here.
Awesome RGINN,the pictures and what your doing for your Grandson!!!

Van

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandson is still here and taken pretty well to camping. And some things are still fun, even for a wild man from the mountains! 4-10m.jpg

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandson is still here and taken pretty well to camping. And some things are still fun, even for a wild man from the mountains! View attachment 625439

good lookin boy , tho that character next to him seems a bit shady lol ........great pic RGINN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread