Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly the thought I had when I saw the pic, shaun7. If it is, apparently his vacation is over, for I saw a guy walking into town here in Colorado today that looked exactly like that pic. He had the cup too, but apparently had picked up a guitar case somewhere along the way.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Maybe a Vietnam vet who just needs a friend :dontknow: There is so much sadness today that gets overlooked. I think god led you to post this picture as a reminder to all of us. Stop and look, Our neighbor needs us :angel7: I have seen a lot of love and fellowship on this website and I pray God will bless him with the same :icon_sunny: God bless all of you too :coffee2: Paul

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My heart gets pulled both ways when I see homeless (or what "appear" to be homeless) people.
There are those who want nothing more than a handout, and they man every corner here where I live.
Most aren't helpless, and many aren't even homeless.
Then there are those who appear to be in need and never ask for anything at all. Their need is written on their face and you can see it in their eyes.
It's the down & out that I truly wish to help... the ones whose only wish is to live and survive another day & night with no where to go and no one to care. That kind of need really presses heavily on my heart.
Anyway, I really appreciate this photo because it's a reminder to keep my eyes open.

Bran <><

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get the impression he was homeless. What's the giveaway?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are all getting so philosophical. Maybe Ron & April just wanted to show off how clean their windshield is. :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
RGINN said:
I didn't get the impression he was homeless. What's the giveaway?
I don't know if the guy is homeless or not, but he just looked down and out. I pass through this area frequently and always see some sad looking folks. Thanks for the response,

Ron

nkoconnell

Greenie
Mar 5, 2010
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
There but for the grace of God go I.... perhaps someone gave that man the jacket of their back. He looks sad and alone. I once saw an older man sitting alone at our local Portuguese festival. Everyone was laughing, dancing and drinking with their families. I brought the man one of our pastries and he simply said thank you - I don't know if it made him feel better but it sure did me.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ron, aren't you the truck driver? Portland seems to have it's share of homeless people..........unfortunately for them and society :-\

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
crazyjarhead said:
Hey Ron, aren't you the truck driver? Portland seems to have it's share of homeless people..........unfortunately for them and society :-\
Yes, I am a truck driver, and maybe you have the same issue as me. You would think that a truck driver would always have lots of photo ops. We do see lots of things, but seems like I'm always in a hurry to get from point A to point B etc. Just don't have time to stop very often.

Yes I believe Portland has a very high homeless population, and if not homeless, definitely alot of very disturbed individuals.

I saw bumper sticker the other day that said "Keep Portland Weird"

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron & April said:
crazyjarhead said:
Yes, I am a truck driver, and maybe you have the same issue as me. You would think that a truck driver would always have lots of photo ops. We do see lots of things, but seems like I'm always in a hurry to get from point A to point B etc. Just don't have time to stop very often.

Yes I believe Portland has a very high homeless population, and if not homeless, definitely alot of very disturbed individuals.

I saw bumper sticker the other day that said "Keep Portland Weird"

Just what I thought I had remembered. Be safe out there ::) I'm an independent with a 48 step with Landstar. 10 years worth

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a panhandler with a empty cup :dontknow: i have that exact hat i wear it on hot summer days while in the fields .

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my life isn't so bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread