spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a good sized 40 year reunion with my childhood friends from the Bronx this weekend. You couldn't have ordered a better day with temps in the high 80's.. I guess this was our last dip into the Atlantic for the season.

So what can be better than great weather, old friends, fantastic food and slamming music.... Nothing!

We spent a good 13 hours together, reminiscing old times and just playing catchup with our lives. Three others were unable to make it at the last moment which did put a little sadness in the reunion, but the best part is that we will try it again next month and hope to have a nearly full turnout.

Our first 18 years together was remarkable and now we all hope to stay in touch until our final breath's.

We still need to hunt down nearly 20 other guys so that next year we can rent a hall ;D One in particular is wanted, his father took some great footage of us canoeing over "Skinner Falls" which was a class 5 rapids. The drop was about 6 feet and we went over with 3 canoes abreast. I was in the middle holding on the other 2 until we hit the bottom :laughing: God, we were such idiots back then. The good thing is that some of us are still around :thumbsup:

The young lad in the front is one of my friends kid. Too bad he had to sit though all of our nonsense for the day ;D

<script src='http://img261.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=194038981662166187.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript> </noscript>

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. You guys look like you could kick butt and take names. As soon as the rest of my class gets out of the Pen we plan on having our reunion :tongue3:
Nahh kidding ya. Looks like a fun time with old friends :hello:

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Ah the memories,I had to turn down an all class reunion this month, maybe next Year..
It is ironic My best friends from school and I spent a most of time skipping school.
HH,mont

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but honestly.... there are 3 I would have never recognized if I had passed them on the street, that's how much they changed. :laughing7:

My friend Greg summed it up best on Facebook, where he found me a few month's ago

"Arrgh, Never a more disreputable bunch of Cutthroats and Rogues ever Sailed the Spanish Main or Roamed the Bronx Zoo for that Matter!"

P.S. dusted off the MD and looked for all of 10 minutes before I lost interest in that :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread