Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Duck and Merganser's

Those came out real good, didn't they?! I worked at one state park and campers really enjoyed feeding the large Canada geese population in their camp sites. Once. They found out those rascals crap all over everything.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! That first picture looks like it belongs on a duck stamp or a Dept. of Wildlife poster. Really great detail!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

I like to watch the Mergansers here in the big river. There is a strong current and they will dive under and come up
20 or 30 feet up river with a fish in their mouth. Then after they swallow it they will dive down and come up with
another fish.
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

Ray S S said:
I like to watch the Mergansers here in the big river. There is a strong current and they will dive under and come up
20 or 30 feet up river with a fish in their mouth. Then after they swallow it they will dive down and come up with
another fish.

Ray
Thanks Ray, and ALL,

These were feasting on Kokanee. In case no one knows a Kokanee is a small land locked salmon. These were hanging around where a creek runs into the lake. The Kokanee are coming out of the lake into the creek and spawning right now.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Ray S S said:
another fish.

Ray
Merganser's can also put a hurtin' on the gamefish population.....I went bear hunting in Canada and the local's told us to shoot everyone we see.I wasn't going to do that but did come home with one for the wall and a nice bear to boot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread