fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took three Grandsons & a friend fishing here yesterday, & between keeping the four year old out of the minnows, & baiting hooks for two more, plus getting their lines out of the trees, & keeping order in the group, I needed to come back today 'by myself' for some quiet time. :P
This creek runs into the backwaters of a lake, I found a large hollow tree, stones from a foundation, etc... as the evening shadows come around, it's best to ease on back to civilization, there are critters out here that can do you 'bodily harm'.

Fossis.........

Attachments

• The Backwaters 006.JPG
    The Backwaters 006.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 318
  • The Backwaters 002.JPG
    The Backwaters 002.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 326
  • The Backwaters 003.JPG
    The Backwaters 003.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 328
  • The Backwaters 005.JPG
    The Backwaters 005.JPG
    462 KB · Views: 315
  • The Backwaters 011.JPG
    The Backwaters 011.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 320
  • The Backwaters 009.JPG
    The Backwaters 009.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 295

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
These are a nice series of shots, fossis. Looks like a nice quiet place to just walk around in and explore, Sounds like they
kept you pretty busy and they had a great day. Good quality time for all of you. :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing your outing with us.

Ray

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S S said:
These are a nice series of shots, fossis. Looks like a nice quiet place to just walk around in and explore, Sounds like they
kept you pretty busy and they had a great day. Good quality time for all of you. :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing your outing with us.

Ray

Thanks Ray, it is a very peaceful place, these bottomlands around the creek were farmed for years, (cotton & corn), it took much backbreaking work to clear them, now they are slowly returning to nature.
In the twenty years I have lived in OK, i've seen many fields that were only grass, now have saplings 10 feet over my head.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edmundruffin said:
Do you look for arrowheads? Looks like a nice place to find something.

Yeah, it's hard around here, so much vegetation, but when the 'old timers' were plowing these places, there were fantastic artifacts found for years.
I find flint chips nearly everywhere i go.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Great pics it looks so peaceful an a good place to have fun fishin and exploring! :icon_sunny:

Thanks, we get out there quite a bit, my oldest Son caught his first big bass in that area, & my second Son killed his first turkey in the woods there.
Fossis..............

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you detected around those "stones from a foundation", Fossis? We went out and tried to do some metal detecting today, but the ground was so hard, I couldn't hardly get a shovel into it--its starting to get a little dry up here in the northern part of the state.(I'm not complaining though, cause these nice temps make up for it!)
Wonderful pictures as always!!
sandcreek~~

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Thanks for sharing those great pictures. I'll bet there is some big catfish in those holes

There are lots of all kinds of big fish, the State record 'flathead catfish' was caught in this lake by a Game Warden no less, I don't have the weight at hand.

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Have you detected around those "stones from a foundation", Fossis? We went out and tried to do some metal detecting today, but the ground was so hard, I couldn't hardly get a shovel into it--its starting to get a little dry up here in the northern part of the state.(I'm not complaining though, cause these nice temps make up for it!)
Wonderful pictures as always!!
sandcreek~~

Thanks, unfortunately this is Gov land, (no tectin allowed). :dontknow:
We are sure enjoying the cool weather down here. :thumbsup:

fossis..........

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
It takes a lot of patience to take little ones fishing :D. the way nature is pausing right now shows in your pictures. this weather is awsome! I can't get enough. If and when the rain starts, I worried it won't quit, BUT, I need those creek banks scoured again. :wink: Nice pics again fossis, can't get enough of backwaters myself.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
It takes a lot of patience to take little ones fishing :D. the way nature is pausing right now shows in your pictures. this weather is awsome! I can't get enough. If and when the rain starts, I worried it won't quit, BUT, I need those creek banks scoured again. :wink: Nice pics again fossis, can't get enough of backwaters myself.

It sure does take 'patience' :P, isn't the weather good for now?
Your Avitar spider pic is awesome. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Fossis............

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks fossis, buckshot took that picture of a garden spider with the sun rising behind it. I swiped it for an avatar before he could ;D It's really good full sized.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions