fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is 'so dry' in this area, we need rain in the worst way, the ponds & creeks are slowly drying up, the bears are turning over large rocks in the creeks looking for food, wild hogs are coming to drink & wallow in the mud, we are 'in need'. :sad1:

Fossis...........

Attachments

• Needed---A Rain Dancer 003.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 003.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 004.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 004.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 005.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 005.JPG
    499.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 009.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 009.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 014.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 014.JPG
    516.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 011.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 011.JPG
    487.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Needed---A Rain Dancer 016.JPG
    Needed---A Rain Dancer 016.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 242

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Yep, dry and hot! those pictures hurt. Except the tree, I really like the tree. Looks like a Halloween thing. but, it's too dry and hot to be almost Halloween. :dontknow:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tree is pretty cool! Hope you get the rain soon!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Yep, dry and hot! those pictures hurt. Except the tree, I really like the tree. Looks like a Halloween thing. but, it's too dry and hot to be almost Halloween. :dontknow:

We have a 50% chance on Wednesday i think, hope so. :dontknow:

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:

I thought so too, maybe wednesday. :dontknow:

Fossis.............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in the mountains. They have lifted the fire restrictions for Summit County though. Dillon Reservoir is dropping at the rate of 3 inches a day and they say it will do so until the first of December. We don't care about that, because even though it's in our county, all the water is sent to Denver so they can wash their cars, water their grass, take baths, whatever. We don't get one drop. I p** in it on principle ever chance I get. Along with many others here. Course, Lake Dillon is 260 ft. deep, so it will take it a while to make it a mud puddle. Water rights are pretty serious here in Colorado. Apparently, it is against the law for me to set a bucket out and catch rain water and appropriate it for my own use, whatever that might be. The rain has to go into the watershed, unless you obtain some sort of permit. Y'all will get some rain, and I pray it doesn't turn into an ice storm.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Same here in the mountains. They have lifted the fire restrictions for Summit County though. Dillon Reservoir is dropping at the rate of 3 inches a day and they say it will do so until the first of December. We don't care about that, because even though it's in our county, all the water is sent to Denver so they can wash their cars, water their grass, take baths, whatever. We don't get one drop. I p** in it on principle ever chance I get. Along with many others here. Course, Lake Dillon is 260 ft. deep, so it will take it a while to make it a mud puddle. Water rights are pretty serious here in Colorado. Apparently, it is against the law for me to set a bucket out and catch rain water and appropriate it for my own use, whatever that might be. The rain has to go into the watershed, unless you obtain some sort of permit. Y'all will get some rain, and I pray it doesn't turn into an ice storm.

Don't they have some 'stupid laws' ? T Boone Pickens predicted that water would be the 'most precious commodity' very soon, & if the Aquafiers under the SW are used up, they will be in 'dire straits'.
In Southern Ok, they are fighting Texas over selling Ok water from Sardis lake, & some companies have been going around trying to buy local water rights. :dontknow:

Fossis..........

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Are you serious about the bucket? Sadly, I know you are. I just got in from a nice walk...and there is a great big ring around the moon, weather will be changing soon. and I'll think about how the next state over looks at water when it rains.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fossis said:
GopherDaGold said:

Fossis.............

Hoping you get rain soon, I have always hated rain because of seasonal depression!!!!! But lately i have been getting out between rain showers and finding a lot more!!!! now I'm liking the rain more and looking at purchasing a water detercor so i cant hunt while its raining!!! also so i can hunt in the lakes and rivers near me this coming summer!!!!! HH and I will do a rain dance for your area Hopfully!!!! (no earth Quakes) happen!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water rights have always been an issue here in Colorado. We don't have an aquifer here in the mountains, so they rely heavily on rainfall and snowmelt. You cannot collect rainwater for your own private use, because we all know that law was directed at someone who would set up a large tank to hold water to fill their hottub. I was reading about that, and I laughed and laughed, then I almost cried, because they figured out a way to own the rain. Who would have thought? They can own the wind, too. It powers those giant windmills. How can you 'own' those things? I'm waitin for them to figure out a way to own the lightning.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
fossis said:
GopherDaGold said:

Fossis.............

Hoping you get rain soon, I have always hated rain because of seasonal depression!!!!! But lately i have been getting out between rain showers and finding a lot more!!!! now I'm liking the rain more and looking at purchasing a water detercor so i cant hunt while its raining!!! also so i can hunt in the lakes and rivers near me this coming summer!!!!! HH and I will do a rain dance for your area Hopfully!!!! (no earth Quakes) happen!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

It has been so long since we heard rain on the roof it is 'pitiful', one fair shower since Hermine blew through is all we have gotten, we would appreciated the 'rain dance'. :thumbsup:
Ok & Ar have been getting a lot of small quakes lately.

fossis...........

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossis
It is so dry here we are 14 '' under so far. The mountains have fire's everywhere and the leafs are green and fall off the tree's. Our animals are hitting every spring and wallow. I guess I am lucky to have the mighty Tennessee river running through it all. In two months we will be back to flooding.
Great pictures.You should shoot that old wind blown tree again.Beautiful sir!
Rain dance on the way!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Fossis
It is so dry here we are 14 '' under so far. The mountains have fire's everywhere and the leafs are green and fall off the tree's. Our animals are hitting every spring and wallow. I guess I am lucky to have the mighty Tennessee river running through it all. In two months we will be back to flooding.
Great pictures.You should shoot that old wind blown tree again.Beautiful sir!
Rain dance on the way!

I don't know how far down we are, but it is bad, rain dance is appreciated. :thumbsup:
The old tree does 'have character'.

Fossis..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions