Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

You live in a very beautifull place :o great pictures, wish wild life could be that close to my property :notworthy:

SS
We are blessed to live in such a place, Silver Searcher.....We try to take advantage of it everyday by being in the woods and enjoying it. Now if we just had Roman artifacts under the surface, it would be HEAVEN :laughing9: and we could say we had it all!
Thank you and glad you enjoyed the pics!
Mental Granny said:
I dont' have them close enogh to see out my door wish I did! But if I go to the store and drive bout a block away park in the bank lot I can watch deer, To close for some a man 2 nights ago on his motorcycle hit a doe. Dont know how he is he was airlifted. They are to thick for the traffic !
That poor man! That's horrible, MG! Sounds like they are getting pretty bad in town over there.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's awesome SC....Congrat's to them both.Me on the other hand had to settle for this little feller yesterday :laughing7:

Attachments

• 12-4-10 Buck 002.JPG
    12-4-10 Buck 002.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 12-4-10 Buck 002.JPG
    12-4-10 Buck 002.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 207

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I dont' have them close enogh to see out my door wish I did! But if I go to the store and drive bout a block away park in the bank lot I can watch deer, To close for some a man 2 nights ago on his motorcycle hit a doe. Dont know how he is he was airlifted. They are to thick for the traffic !

And this is why we as hunters are crucial in controlling deer numbers,especially whitetail which are extremely prolific,and adaptable.They really dont have very many "natural",predators when they live in urban areas(thats where the adaptiveness comes into play)Mother nature does have her way of control and that is disease,which is a horrible death and can wipe out an entire population of deer if not checked

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
That's awesome SC....Congrat's to them both.Me on the other hand had to settle for this little feller yesterday :laughing7:
Well, congrats to you too, civilman, at least you didn't have to eat your tag! And you filled your freezer with fresh venison :hello2: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: .

More pictures of Elliot from this evening:

Attachments

• IMG_7893 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_7893 (650x433).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_7898 (650x434).jpg
    IMG_7898 (650x434).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7899 (650x469).jpg
    IMG_7899 (650x469).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_7902 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_7902 (650x433).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7906 (573x650).jpg
    IMG_7906 (573x650).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7911 (650x434).jpg
    IMG_7911 (650x434).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 189
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Mental Granny said:

And this is why we as hunters are crucial in controlling deer numbers,especially whitetail which are extremely prolific,and adaptable.They really dont have very many "natural",predators when they live in urban areas(thats where the adaptiveness comes into play)Mother nature does have her way of control and that is disease,which is a horrible death and can wipe out an entire population of deer if not checked
Couldn't have said it better myself, Kuger! Exactly the way we think, too!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In Maryland we have unlimited doe tag's :thumbsup: and only 2 buck's per season(bow,rifle and muzzleloader-seperate) so the total's can vary.There's no eating tag's around here :thumbsup: Like MG and Kuger's post they need to "managed" and I am the one that will give it my "best shot".Best of luck to the SC Family this year :hello:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These deer are in city limits, they cant have nut jobs with guns doing it, it needs to be done an only people tested an approved doing it an people are told so they wont get in the way!
We have one blind doe in this one group an they are usually really good about keeping her with the rest of them in a safe area. Last week she was separated and was sitting under a tree at a church so some city employees headed down a drainage ditch where the others usually go . I saw one momma with her fawn last month I just wonder if the deer that jumped on the cycle was one of them or another ?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elliot is looking good. :thumbsup: I imagine those drops could put a hurting on another deer. They are fighting like crazy right now. I took a 9 two weeks ago and he had broken his eye guard and his ears were torn to shreds and had scars across the eye and barked down the back. But,,he was fat and now in the freezer. I love to watch them. You must be running corn to get those pictures. :hello:
You would not believe how often they do run into things. They will hit a tree especially forked ones that they can see thru and bob wire is the worst. We were sitting still in the truck and had one run into the quarter panel. They decide a direction and they go for it.
Thanks Sandcreek hope everyone gives him a pass.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
These deer are in city limits, they cant have nut jobs with guns doing it, it needs to be done an only people tested an approved doing it an people are told so they wont get in the way!
We have one blind doe in this one group an they are usually really good about keeping her with the rest of them in a safe area. Last week she was separated and was sitting under a tree at a church so some city employees headed down a drainage ditch where the others usually go . I saw one momma with her fawn last month I just wonder if the deer that jumped on the cycle was one of them or another ?

Yes,MG,they do have those "pro's",I was one for the Fed. Gov. for many years.Most of our work was at airports though.I never did like doing it as it was a "kill all",in a sector,does,fawns,it didnt matter.But like I always said,There would be no animal problems with people if there were no people",what are ya gonna do? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Elliot is looking good. :thumbsup: I imagine those drops could put a hurting on another deer. They are fighting like crazy right now. I took a 9 two weeks ago and he had broken his eye guard and his ears were torn to shreds and had scars across the eye and barked down the back. But,,he was fat and now in the freezer. I love to watch them. You must be running corn to get those pictures. :hello:
You would not believe how often they do run into things. They will hit a tree especially forked ones that they can see thru and bob wire is the worst. We were sitting still in the truck and had one run into the quarter panel. They decide a direction and they go for it.
Thanks Sandcreek hope everyone gives him a pass.
Today was the last day of rifle season, so hopefully these deer are "out of the woods", so to speak :D . I can't tell you how much we enjoy watching them, TnMtns. We can see them out our living room windows! And yes, I do feed them corn...I've been putting out about 25lbs. a day for them. They were really feeding this evening because its supposed to get very cold tonight, down around 19 degrees.
Elliot does look pretty good except he's sure favoring that hind leg he injured. One of the pictures my daughter took shows him holding it up while he was fighting---so he was balancing on three legs and giving that other buck all he had.

On a side note---Have you heard the new CD called The Bone Collector --The Brotherhood Album, TnMtns? There's a song on there called "Yella Acorns". Funny song---You hunters got to get this CD! There's a whole bunch of good hunting songs on it. Here's a youtube link:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
In Maryland we have unlimited doe tag's :thumbsup: and only 2 buck's per season(bow,rifle and muzzleloader-seperate) so the total's can vary.There's no eating tag's around here :thumbsup: Like MG and Kuger's post they need to "managed" and I am the one that will give it my "best shot".Best of luck to the SC Family this year :hello:
Same to you, civilman! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Mental Granny said:

Yes,MG,they do have those "pro's",I was one for the Fed. Gov. for many years.Most of our work was at airports though.I never did like doing it as it was a "kill all",in a sector,does,fawns,it didnt matter.But like I always said,There would be no animal problems with people if there were no people",what are ya gonna do? :thumbsup:
Maybe with that guy getting hurt on the motorcycle, the Dept. of Wildlife will have to do something? At least the city could put up some deer crossing signs :dontknow:, although most people never read them. Please be careful, Evy, when you are driving through that area!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to watch of an evening when I am in the area, an of a mornin I am a aide on school bus so I am busy watching the kids an for deer to have the kids look at (special needs kids). And since its colder they are watching for them ! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread