Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeeeaaaah buddy I gotta have that. Tell me how to get that HDR application. I can manipulate saturation, exposure, color balance and all that, but this is too cool.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buffalo is awesome! I'd like to know how to get the HDR app., too, grafixwild.
Very COOL pics!

OP
OP
Grafixwild

Grafixwild

Oct 18, 2010
Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RGINN said:
Yeeeeaaaah buddy I gotta have that. Tell me how to get that HDR application. I can manipulate saturation, exposure, color balance and all that, but this is too cool.

I use this one. http://www.hdrsoft.com/ and it's really simple to use. They have one that's free but there's a watermark imposed but you can at least see if you like it before you buy. You can do several things including tone mapping which I haven't gotten right yet. The program lets you tweak the pics to your liking. A lot of folks use tone mapping for landscapes but there's a fine line between what's real and isn't. Check out a copy of Outdoor Photographer, a lot of pics look too made up. But it's a hot market so... Typically you take several images of the same thing at different exposures and move them into the program. You can save time and shutter clicks by creating different names for the same pic, 1,2,3, whatever and put them in. It will then advise you the exposure is the same and lets you change the exposure on each pic in different increments. There are some types imaging programs that have it included but if you don't already have it this is a good choice.

Phil

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muchas Gracias!

Top Member Reactions