161.6 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
Thanks for sharing the 'old pic' Ed, & tell your Son we are all proud of his service to our country.
You do some great paintings. :thumbsup:

Fossis.........
I posted that so you could relate with your post and the Beaver, but got to looking at my kids in the picture and this post ended up being more on him,and my paintings.Like Ive said before Fossis, I enjoy all of your post,and I will tell my Son what you guys on here have said. He will appreciate it.
Ed

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
packerbacker said:
That old pic is actually documentary in a sense. It reflects how many lived in this country in a way most would have no concept of. I have a niece, her husband and a nephew that still trap and tan back in Minnesota. It's secondary to their day jobs but still a good way to make some extra money these days. They also harvest ginsing to make extra money. It's amazing what that stuff sells for and how secretive the ginsing gathering community is concerning where to find it. A far cry from the big city life. Hat's off to ya Van. Nice painting too. :icon_thumleft:
My Wife and I were looking at this old photo after I posted it and it does bring back a ton of memory's. When the season was over and I would sell every thing I had caught,the whole family would get a share of some sort,The day we sold,was a fun day for all of us.I could go on for ever on that subject.Thanks for your kind words Packerbacker,its appreciated.
Van

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic. I trapped when I was in high school--60's-early 70's. Best thing was we had a local buyer that would buy the animal unskinned, but you got paid less. I used to tan a lot of hides. I used the alum method and had pretty good luck, but it is a lot of work. And having worked with those guys, a medivac chopper is the prettiest sight you can see in the sky sometimes.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RGINN said:
Cool pic. I trapped when I was in high school--60's-early 70's. Best thing was we had a local buyer that would buy the animal unskinned, but you got paid less. I used to tan a lot of hides. I used the alum method and had pretty good luck, but it is a lot of work. And having worked with those guys, a medivac chopper is the prettiest sight you can see in the sky sometimes.
Thanks RGINN, I know where your coming from
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread