Nothing Like Eating Wild!!!

M

MiniMe

I love venison and thank God, our freezer is filling up. My husband, Civilman1 got a nice Buck last weekend and a Doe yesterday :hello2:. (Please no sad awe's - it's awww-yummy) Nothing like marinated, grilled venison back strap wrapped in bacon....the natural Filet Mignon. For all those Trader Joe's shoppers - try going Wild - all natural & lean - no label reading required. :).

dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
What a perfect plate!! Healthy, natural, and all the colors are balanced too :tongue3: My husband gave his first dear away to a huge family, now, we're still waiting on one to put in our freezer. this may be a "fishy" winter :icon_thumleft:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful presentation, MiniMe!
It doesn't get any better than that :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:

I concur! Looks so yummy, got my mouth watering. :laughing7:

:wink: RR

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good huntin! I like the doe meat a little better.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

sandcreek4 said:

I really don't think there is anything better, accept maybe Civilman's venison jerky and when I throw a whole hind quarter on the smoker and make Venison BBQ out of it.

I'll never forget when I did this a couple years back and held a big family party for my daughters 21st. Had a variety meats and side dishes spread out and the smoked Venison BBQ in a crock pot keeping warm. Everyone kept complimenting me on the "PORK" BBQ :laughing7: :laughing7: I was honest with them though and told them it was Venison.....and waited for them to start throwing up at the mention of them eating a Deer ::) .... but even the ones that stick their nose up to wild game and hunting said..."Wow, that is really good!" and most went back for seconds....imagine dat!!! :icon_thumleft: :D lol. Harvesting game and having your own vegetable garden makes for healthy eating all around. Hard work, but worth every minute, I think. :)

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better then deer meat. My favorite food. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

savant365 said:
Looks delicious :thumbsup: What do you use for a marinade?

A little of this and that really, whatever I have on hand. I don't measure anything so it's always hard to give a precise recipe. Oil, lil Vinegar, crushed garlic, whole ground pepper, onion power, splash of lemon juice, couple splashes of lite soy sauce and couple tbs of bbq sauce. I mix up enough to coat the amount of meat I'm cooking. Do not add salt, I don't add salt to anything I cook, the bacon has enough and the soy sauce too. :)

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just filled up on beans and cornbread but I do believe If presented a plate of that I could manage it. Looks good :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Rookie2 said:
I just filled up on beans and cornbread but I do believe If presented a plate of that I could manage it. Looks good :thumbsup:

Cornbread...I could make a meal out of that alone....Love it! My favorite...chili & cornbread..you've got the hot and the sweet together....yumm :)

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
My style of supper. My first doe went to Hunters For The Hungry, my next one went into the freezer. Should have went out this morning but we have a freeze snap, burrrrr -1 degrees is not a common occurance in west Tennessee. Did those go into the oven or on the grill? :coffee2:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

I hear ya, bitter cold here and the winds we've got just make it worse - for me anyway. I cooked them on the charcoal grill. Good luck, hope you get a chance to get back out there to hunt.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
I'll finish cuttin' up a doe after supper, gonna be a tender one too. Just got back from muzzleloading weekend, four total for the group.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Congrats Fishenfool & Muleskinner :icon_thumleft: Muzzleloader starts this weekend here.....I'm praying :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread