IMG_8323 (650x365).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 522
  • TallBuck2.jpg
    TallBuck2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 521

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Barnard Bucks!! I love 'em :D Have you ever seen the bronze skull that buckshot and I cast?
I'll have to find a picture of it to post here, the genes are evident.

Interesting they are both missing an eye, what happens if they lose the other eye? Life remains ever a struggle, huh? But these guys are something, beautiful pictures :icon_thumleft:

lisa

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Barnard Bucks!! I love 'em :D Have you ever seen the bronze skull that buckshot and I cast?
I'll have to find a picture of it to post here, the genes are evident.

Interesting they are both missing an eye, what happens if they lose the other eye? Life remains ever a struggle, huh? But these guys are something, beautiful pictures :icon_thumleft:

lisa
No, I haven't seen the bronze that you and buckshot did.....I would love to see it, so please post a picture! Was it one that Tom had killed?

Its funny that both of these bucks are missing the left eye. They seem to be more skittish after they lose an eye....they try to keep their good eye on what ever is happening around them. I think Cicatriz's eye was just injured last year, but this year he has sure enough lost it. Life is a struggle for these things and its surrvival of the fittest.
Thanks Lisa!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
Great pix of those bucks!
Thanks fistfulladirt! :hello:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What beautiful deer you have. Thanks for sharing the pics. Merry christmas Carmon. Hope the big fella in the red suit is good to you and your family. :hello:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
What beautiful deer you have. Thanks for sharing the pics. Merry christmas Carmon. Hope the big fella in the red suit is good to you and your family. :hello:
Thanks Jesse! I hope you have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Carmon~~

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking bucks, if they lose the other eye they will be goners, but in Nature nothing is ever wasted, the scavengers will have food, & the cycle goes on.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
Great looking bucks, if they lose the other eye they will be goners, but in Nature nothing is ever wasted, the scavengers will have food, & the cycle goes on.

Fossis.............
That's right, Fossis, life does go on. Its amazing how they can adapt to losing an eye.
Both of these bucks are fighters. You can always tell a fighter, he has broken brow tines or eye guards.......although in the case of these bucks, those eye guards didn't help much :icon_pirat: .
The old Tall Buck has a big chunk of hair missing off his side, too(I think you can see it in the picture). I don't know if that was from him fighting or he just scraped it on something.
Thanks Fossis! and Merry Christmas to you!!!
txconservative said:
Beautiful !!
Thanks txconservative :hello: !
(Love your "Don't Tread On Me" signature :thumbsup: )
Merry Christmas!!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detector Sales said:
You guys just got it goin on out there :icon_thumright:
Thanks Mike! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi Carmon! Hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Here is Tommy's infamous buck :dontknow: :laughing7: It's not his biggest or best rack, but I chose it to cast because I just love the shape of it, it has a "wickedness" to it. Not evil, just cool. Now that I know how it represents the bucks of the region, I love it even more. The Barnard Buck:

Attachments

• resizebarnardbuck.jpg
    resizebarnardbuck.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 340
  • resizebarnardbuck1.jpg
    resizebarnardbuck1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 332
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Hi Carmon! Hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. Here is Tommy's infamous buck :dontknow: :laughing7: It's not his biggest or best rack, but I chose it to cast because I just love the shape of it, it has a "wickedness" to it. Not evil, just cool. Now that I know how it represents the bucks of the region, I love it even more. The Barnard Buck:
That's so cool, Lisa! Much better than just a European mount! You can sure see the similarities on all these bucks.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas too and have a safe and Happy New Year!
Carmon~~
buckshot said:
Great pics sc!!! Nice bucks...
Thanks Buckshot---Its so enjoyable to look out the window everyday and see these beautiful creatures! It won't be long until they start 'shedding', though. Some of the smaller bucks have already started to lose their horns.
Happy New Year!! :hello:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
You did a good job on those healthy bucks from Oklahoma :headbang:
Thanks crazyjarhead....Hopefully they'll keep getting bigger every year. We've got about 20-30 deer coming in to feed every evening ---its like wild kingdom out here ::) ;D .
Happy New Year! :hello:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we can safely say that up in the Osage y'all are makin the big bucks. I'd be a little skittish too if I lost an eye. Good pics.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I think we can safely say that up in the Osage y'all are makin the big bucks. I'd be a little skittish too if I lost an eye. Good pics.
Thanks RGINN---All the bucks that come in aren't just 'wall hangers', though....We've got a couple that my husband always calls "yard-t-a-r-d-s" :laughing7: . We keep hoping with enough nutrition, they'll improve.
Here's a picture of a small basket-rack buck---he's got lots of 'trash' around the base of his horns.
happy New Year!

Attachments

• IMG_8378 (650x522).jpg
    IMG_8378 (650x522).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 303

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Love the pics, sis! You have really started something there, it's amazing how tame they are and how close you can get to them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions