This is Crazy...send daylight and warm temps (anything above -10 Please)!

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• -29 Dec 16, 2010.jpg
    -29 Dec 16, 2010.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 516

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
theviking said:
Wow, thats cold! Good luck with all that. Hope it warms up for ya.

I can actually feel that cold, your giving me the shivers :headbang: HH when the weather presents itself.....

Attachments

• lolligans.gif
    lolligans.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 453
  • lolligans.gif
    lolligans.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 455

Okie Hillbillies

Mar 4, 2007
Hey AlaskaAng I would also like the weather in the 60-70 deg it is too cold for me to do any thing but go by and tell my detectors hello, we will get out soon maybe. people always thought I was crazy anyway now talking to my detectors they are more firmly convinced.

OkieHillBillies

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theviking said:
Wow, thats cold! Good luck with all that. Hope it warms up for ya.

Hey Hey, only -10 this morning; things are warming up!! The weatherman says 20 ABOVE is forecasted for Friday, holy cow, T-shirt weather; it's going to feel like a heat wave at 59 degrees warmer than our coldest day this past week!

I envey all of you who can still go out with your machines and actually dig a plug in thawed ground!

HH all!

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Just a glutton for punishment arent ya ANG? I got away from NoDak and moved my hiny back down to Alabama. Its sittin at 30 degrees right now so kinda chilly, but it sure beats your temps. Stay warm.

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jonnyrebel00 said:
Just a glutton for punishment arent ya ANG? I got away from NoDak and moved my hiny back down to Alabama. Its sittin at 30 degrees right now so kinda chilly, but it sure beats your temps. Stay warm.

30? I'll take it!! But I can see how that would feel cold to you after your extreme hot summers. Stay warm yourself but get out and detect if you can!

Oh, I spent 4 yrs in Minot, ND...now they have cold winters due to the wind...I think I'd take my AK winter without wind to ND's windy winters! Now, just have to figure out how to shorten a 7 month winter into say maybe 4?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, I don't have any warm air to share with you. The sun goes behind the mountain about 1530 now so dark comes pretty quick here too. We're getting a lot of snow, but strangely we've only had a handful of below zero temps. We're surrounded by mountains so very little wind. Mostly it's stayin up in the 20's, and I can handle that! Too frozen to dig, though.

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Hahaha, I don't have any warm air to share with you. The sun goes behind the mountain about 1530 now so dark comes pretty quick here too. We're getting a lot of snow, but strangely we've only had a handful of below zero temps. We're surrounded by mountains so very little wind. Mostly it's stayin up in the 20's, and I can handle that! Too frozen to dig, though.

Hah, I'm not alone, I feel so much better now! Thanks for sharing your cold!
Ang

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feal so bad, today it was 54 degrees F and I was gripen about it.
I'll definately send our weather up your way.
:thumbsup: Even the smiley is blue after looking at your tempture.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
temps not that bad here but the wind chill I could do with out an were going to get wet stuff they say Thursday night !

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
the one thing i can never figure out is why alaska pays so much for gas when they have the refinaries up there

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpitt8 said:
the one thing i can never figure out is why alaska pays so much for gas when they have the refinaries up there
EXCELLENT POINT!! North Pole, AK has the refinery and they charge the highest gas prices at $3.77 per gallon of regular unleaded...let's not talk about diesel! HOLY COW! Mayor Issacison needs to answer to this one! Maybe Saint Nicholas too!
Ang

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live is the 3rd largest refinery an we pay the highest gas in the county go to the next town an its cheaper ! There is a man who owns several stations here he also owns the trucks that bring the gas in an he owns the small plant it comes from then the Conoco station well Conoco is the refinery here!

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Can't top that but we are in for a spring thaw by friday, Can you say 52 :icon_sunny:
:'( Not fair! I'd be so ready to swing a coil! Just FYI...when we finally do get to see the ground again, you can bet I'll let you all know about it! :hello2:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AlaskaAng said:
crazyjarhead said:
Can't top that but we are in for a spring thaw by friday, Can you say 52 :icon_sunny:
:'( Not fair! I'd be so ready to swing a coil! Just FYI...when we finally do get to see the ground again, you can bet I'll let you all know about it! :hello2:

Have a wonderfull New Years and don't let the Polar Bears in. I probably will be out swinging by Friday :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All who sent the warm weather, THANK YOU! 28 ABOVE today :hello2: Went out hunting, didn't see anything but enjoyed the warmer weather...what a nice day...too bad we still have 18" of snow on the ground...oh well, Western Eastern Treasures is keeping me content for the time being!

Ang

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I feel yer pain ang............here in northern most Wisconsin we have months of the minus 30 weather. We have been driving on frozen lakes here for a month now and by the end of winter the ice will be 4 feet thick! Now that ya made me think of it I need to move! lol

Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread