Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scotto said:
Great pics Fossis. A beautiful spot for sure, I hope you can find more of the stones that Gloria had documented.
I imagine a lot of small ones got carted off, and probably ended up in some peoples back yards where they are lost to science, and they probably don't even know what they have.

I wish we could find where that other one is, that the old lady ordered covered back up. She's probably gone by now.

Thanks, we will keep looking, we're planning a hunt each week on Lester's day off, maybe you can come & help look.
The large stone is still possible, I know a guy in Mccurtain Co, (you met him once), that knows the man who knows the location of it, so time may tell if we can develop the site, one man from Ca was going to donate a large sum to develop it.

Fossis...............

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Be careful out there.Last year when they filmed an episode about sightings of a bigfoot in the Kiamichi mountains. They hired an indian guide who showed them where it had been seen by several people. Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the program that aired it, but Leonard Nimoy narrated it. happy Hunting. rockhound

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Be careful out there.Last year when they filmed an episode about sightings of a bigfoot in the Kiamichi mountains. They hired an indian guide who showed them where it had been seen by several people. Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the program that aired it, but Leonard Nimoy narrated it. happy Hunting. rockhound

There are many storys about Bigfoot sightings in this area, although I have never seen one.
But i carry a 38 pistol in the woods, because I have seen mountain lions, plus one Black cat, & wild hogs, I have seen everything so far but bears, but we have lots of them.

Fossis............

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I don't know if I would trust a .38 in that situation. I usually carry a 9mm, but in that kind of wild area, I would want something with some more power. I hope you never have to use it in any situation out there. Taking a buddy is definitely the way to go on an outing in a primitive wilderness.What a beautiful place to take a stroll in the woods. rockhound

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
looks like a great pace to go to get away from life !!

It's about a 30 minute drive for me, beautiful country. :icon_sunny:

Fossis.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread