Winter Wonderland & Our Furry Lil Friends

M

MiniMe

Winter Wonderland & Our Furry Lil Friends

This is what we were hit with yesterday and last night :(. I couldn't believe how hard it snowed. Of course it had to happen when my husband was on call - His pager going off right in the middle of us cleaning our driveway >:(. [Anyway, guess who got to finish the driveway but had a blast with lil man making snowmen! :)

Come on Spring!!!!!

Early in the day...
100_0058.jpg 100_0059.jpg

The outcome of the storm:
100_0067.jpg 100_0068.jpg

100_0070.jpg 100_0071.jpg

And our furry lil friends that have adopted us.

100_0073.jpg 100_0075.jpg

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
Re: Winter Wonderland & Our Furry Lil Friends

i am a softie when it comes to stray animals, much love to you for taking care of gods precious creatures meow!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Yeah we are too. When we first moved here they wouldn't let us even touch them, now since we started feeding them, they're all over us when we get home. As soon as we get out of the car, they come running. They work it pretty well....eat here then go the neighbors and get fed there...all the way down the street...lol. Well fed strays for sure. :)

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre

MiniMe said:
Yeah we are too. When we first moved here they wouldn't let us even touch them, now since we started feeding them, they're all over us when we get home. As soon as we get out of the car, they come running. They work it pretty well....eat here then go the neighbors and get fed there...all the way down the street...lol. Well fed strays for sure. :)

Sounds like they never had to chance to socialize with us humans until they crossed paths with you and your neighbors... god bless!!!

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
That one cat is smiling :D

:) Yeah, the first picture is who we call "Momma Kitty" or "Meow". The other one we call "Little Kitty" or "Little Meow Meow".....we are so creative with names :laughing7:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Winter scene is sooo pretty..... there :laughing7: no it really is I just dont want to drive in it ! But very pretty to look at ! We are going to get some Monday but, today was 72 an going to be like that Sat. drop Sun then sleet / frezzing rain Monday an the snow on Tues. :icon_sunny:

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre

Mental Granny said:
Winter scene is sooo pretty..... there :laughing7: no it really is I just dont want to drive in it ! But very pretty to look at ! We are going to get some Monday but, today was 72 an going to be like that Sat. drop Sun then sleet / frezzing rain Monday an the snow on Tues. :icon_sunny:

Old man winter is coming back with some more of that white stuff this week, hope you enjoyed that 72 degrees lol we could not get that lucky here lol... :headbang: HH

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Something like 50 mdays til spring .... I cant wait !

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice pics. I have a grudging acceptance of cats, and they of me. If this snow turns into a regular deal, y'all need to figure out a way to make money out of it like they did up here. Strange, but in this part of the country when snow falls cash registers start to ring. All y'all be very careful if you have to get out and drive in those conditions.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like you got about a foot or so, Mini ::) I hate that white stuff :-[

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right now it is still evaporating here but, they have already cancelled school they say we will have a blizzard !

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

crazyjarhead said:
Looks like you got about a foot or so, Mini ::) I hate that white stuff :-[

Yeah, a foot or so and a heavy snow. Great for making snowmen. Today - ICE >:( to top it all off. I'll take the white stuff over ice any day..Come on Spring :icon_sunny:!!!

Mental Granny said:
Right now it is still evaporating here but, they have already cancelled school they say we will have a blizzard !
This weather sure is crazy Granny. We got Ice out of this one, but they're calling for snow again on Saturday :(

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We got the blizzard they said we would! White out off an on high drifts I have kept opening the front door so it wont get drifted shut. Heater not heating house they say its just to cold for old house to keep warm! single digits now an tonight - temps !

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Believe me Allen we have tried....they won't come in. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread