Strange Shaped Trees

S

Smee

I saw two Native American trail trees. Please leave those as they are bits of living history, and nave nothing to do with treasure. They ARE the treasure. Some of the last living evidence of what came before.

sandcreek4, those definitely have the appearance of some of the old thong trees. They were called thong trees because of the rawhide and/or forked branches used to make them take that shape. Kind of like American Bonsai . . . which in many cases resulted in the trees looking to be much younger than they really are as the manipulation caused them to grow more slowly.

I'd really love to see more of them if you have them.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
I saw two Native American trail trees. Please leave those as they are bits of living history, and nave nothing to do with treasure. They ARE the treasure. Some of the last living evidence of what came before.

sandcreek4, those definitely have the appearance of some of the old thong trees. They were called thong trees because of the rawhide and/or forked branches used to make them take that shape. Kind of like American Bonsai . . . which in many cases resulted in the trees looking to be much younger than they really are as the manipulation caused them to grow more slowly.

I'd really love to see more of them if you have them.

These are all located on National Forest Land, plus I would never cut one anyway.

Fossis..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread