Life in Russia

U

umrgolf

Life in Russia

Greetings to all T-net friends in the US and abroad. :hello: For those who know me, you've heard I recently made it to St. Petersburg, Russia. Just from the eight days I've been here, I've learned a lot about Russian culture and oh so much more to come ;D I'm having a blast with Katya, who's been my sister's best friend for five years. I've also figured out my way around the city via subway, bus, and tram, but it's very different than being a small-town Missouri boy. The quality of architecture here is the best I've seen, bar none. Stay tuned this year for more photos of this magnificent city.

University where I'm studying

IMG_0066.JPG

beautiful Russian/Armenian girlfriend, Katya :love4:

IMG_0068.JPG

Park out front of the University

IMG_0067.JPG

Have to keep an eye out for these camo pigeons :laughing9:

IMG_0064.JPG

Caviar, butter, & cracker!

IMG_0076.JPG

Scarfed it down ;D love that stuff

IMG_0077.JPG

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Life in Russia

Nice pics. Kaya is a very pretty young lady. You should look up Kamgort.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

RGINN said:
Nice pics. Kaya is a very pretty young lady. You should look up Kamgort.

I've thought about contacting a couple of these Russian detectorists.. I'll let ya know how it goes if I do.. will certainly be a while before that snow melts though ;D

and she says "Spasibo"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool Looks like Fun !

But the snow looks like Pennsylvania Snow :laughing7:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, Czar Nicholas wanted St. Petersburg to rival the major European capitals in style and grandeur and that city is a testament to his accomplishment in doing JUST THAT! A crown jewel of architecture and history! Thanks for the photos brutha and good to see you and Kat finally united and having fun. I'm betting that if you stay over there long enough and the SNOW EVER MELTS :o you might get the itch to buy an old used detector to find some ole school Russian Rubles or Kopeks! Say hi to Katya for me and keep in touch :hello: :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

jeff of pa said:
Cool Looks like Fun !

But the snow looks like Pennsylvania Snow :laughing7:

It's gotta be 3 ft deep :o

{Sentinel} said:
Yes, Czar Nicholas wanted St. Petersburg to rival the major European capitals in style and grandeur and that city is a testament to his accomplishment in doing JUST THAT! A crown jewel of architecture and history! Thanks for the photos brutha and good to see you and Kat finally united and having fun. I'm betting that if you stay over there long enough and the SNOW EVER MELTS :o you might get the itch to buy an old used detector to find some ole school Russian Rubles or Kopeks! Say hi to Katya for me and keep in touch :hello: :wink: :wink:

Yes, from what I hear they hired many famed architects from around the globe to come and design these buildings, and man let me tell you it's CRAZY how well done they are :o :o

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

cool pics....looking forward to seeing more as the year goes by.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

dpitt8 said:
cool pics....looking forward to seeing more as the year goes by.

there will be plenty more.. gonna take a few shots of some of these statues im seeing too :sign13:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

allen said:
looks like a beautiful place, but you can keep the snow.

it'll be here for a while, don't worry :laughing7:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Enjoy yourself over there Jeff and stay safe.Like Josh said,any chance of swingin' over there? :thumbsup:Take Care

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

civilman1 said:
Enjoy yourself over there Jeff and stay safe.Like Josh said,any chance of swingin' over there? :thumbsup:Take Care

Thanks Joe, Id say its a real slim chance.. But anythings possible :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad you made it safe and sound. Take care Jeff. And now you know how I feel with all that snow on the ground. :wink:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

mainer said:
Glad you made it safe and sound. Take care Jeff. And now you know how I feel with all that snow on the ground. :wink:

At least a full meter on the ground here :laughing7: Thanks Jesse.. I have a feeling you're gonna find a real killer site this year. :thumbsup:

Mental Granny said:
Katya pretty, real Russian cavier ..wow ! But love that cammo pigeon ! :laughing7:

:laughing9: the camo pigeon.. I almost stepped on her :tongue3:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Woodland Detectors said:
Now that is some fresh looking bait on that saltine Jeff! I'm glad to see your doing well buddy.

Thanks! I hear from Josh that you guys are meeting up soon! good luck :thumbsup: :headbang:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Hope you are having fund Jeff. I'm gonna see Josh soon at DIV!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread