the clouds and the moon, what do ya think?

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

Attachments

• barber & merc 026.JPG
    barber & merc 026.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 202

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I think, crop the building out, let the brightness of the moon balance the focused tree. Right now your desired effect is lost, because the eye doesn't know where to look, it keeps being dragged down to the right., one's focus should rise up the tree, to the moon, and then to what the clouds are doin. Just my 2 cents :wink: I like it too.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like something right out of a vampire movie. I like it. I think if you could capture that same image using an old delapidated house instead of a tree it would be better and spookier possibly .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's nice. The building does nothin for it though. I was thinkin more trees but that old house idea sounds good. Maybe an old graveyard, if you're brave enough to be out there at night. (haha!)

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Pretty cool :icon_thumleft: The moon may get slightly blurry because of the earths rotation. But I don't think it moved much in 15 seconds. I used to take my 35mm and put it on a tripod and lock the shutter open with the bulb selection. I would aim it at a neat constellation like Orion and try a 5 minute exposure. Each star would leave about an inch long star trail in the picture because of the earths movement, but once in a while you would get a cool streak of a meteor cutting through the picture :headbang: I don't know with today's digital cameras if there is a way to lock the shutter open :dontknow: Thanks for the Pic :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
It looks pretty neat, the effect of the full moon up through the tree and the clouds kinda blurred.........I thought the building was a cardboard box at first!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions