hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this section of pics.....and saw your post....question.
Yep...when I was a kid, found several hulls of cars on some abandoned farms in eastern Oregon.
And, they had some silver coins.....merc dimes, if I remember correctly. So, anytime we were
out wandering around, we looked for old cars that we could crawl into....
watch out for spiders and snakes....they also do their share of crawling and creeping.
Good idea....post to let us know what you find.....

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I was restoring a '57 Chevy and found a walking liberty half dollar inside the door. Some kid probably slipped it down along side the window. I found it when I removed the door panel.

I always check out old abandoned cars when I get the chance, even though a few silver dimes is the best I have found under the seats.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
My dad used to work in a scrap yard in the 70's and he found many old coins along with forign coins
he said the found alot of other stuff to guns tools you name it then they lift the car/truck pop a hole in the gas tank drain it in a 55 gal drum they never had to gas up at the gas station :laughing7:.
HH-drewan

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been restoring old cars for many years and have brought home well over a hundred cars for parts cars or fixer uppers. I always Loved walking through a salvage yard as feeling every car had a story. When bringing a car home I couldn't wait to see what might have been left in the trunk and than take out the seats. I have found many old coins,Watches, pocket knives,a gun,old baseball cards and numerous items in the trunk, involving everything from just junk to antiques that were worth alot more than what I might have gave for the vehicle.

There were also things in the vehicles that I didn't want to find, like hornets nest, wasp, yellow jackets, Snakes. The one of the craziest was a snake about 6ft long coming out of a 1957 Chevy tailight that had been bedded in the gas tank.
One of my worst experiences that evolved around treasure to a car guy and a bad experience was I had found a 1937 Ford Coupe that was mostly complete and all original. It was worth alot of money in it's condition but it had sat for many yrs and had a Huge Hornets nest inside that wasn't letting nothing to close without a defensive attack. I decided to just wait a few months and let winter be my offense. The Freezing cold finally came and I went to retrieve the car to find that a huge tree had fell right through the middle of it, destroying most everything. It was a sad day,lol.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread