Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a mess! I was thinking about you when I heard it was hitting Ponca City. The pictures on the news were awful, too. I saw where a lot of the power lines went down? Were you out of electric for a long time?
I guess its just that time of year, huh, Evy? I am always glad for tornado season to be over!!
:hello:
Carmon

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jacob took these pics while I drove police are ticketing gawkers. Go to Ponca News for more an worse pics.... Our batteries died. We have a few more but this is the worse.... So many business gone UPS ThornApple Bldg. Airport damaged Sykes lots of them these were 1/2 mile to 1 mile form Tammys where I was sitting this weekend with the grankids. We lost power when it hit got it back about 6 to 7 last night at my place an theirs.
We were very blessed no one was hurt even workers in those an other worse bldgs. No on in any damaged homes were hurt either. An going to be even harder for those looking for work . Tyson (was) going to reopen in a couple of weeks new owners 250 jobs!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
So glad everyone is ok :icon_thumleft: You just hold your breath this time of year, huh? Doesn't matter what I'm doing, when I hear 'tornado watch', something in me gets a little quiet and somber, and I say a prayer for everyone. I enjoy the thunder and lightening,could do without the wind. Y'all take care :hello:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was rough, glad no one was hurt.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish camera batteries had not died these pics just don't show all of it. Saw another home today while on bus it will have to be tore down, its terrible.
Most everyone (except city officials) say tornado. Sirens were blown after....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear nobody was hurt, thank the Lord. Looks mostly like high straight wind damage, but I wouldn't waste much time arguin straight wind versus tornado when the buildin was comin down around me, I guess.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh this was the mild part ck the news pics from here, bldgs by air port mostly damages so bad they will come down .... aiport damaged pretty bad an other ones on the back side of these pics are being torn down UPS.... Mid America Door. Two homes different areas of town no where near this or each othe metal all twisted around and carried to weird places, we can see fences down with straight line but if my pics were better you could see more what Im talking about. We will survive though towns not dead yet :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lisa Enriques is fine closed just for a bit to get power back an clean the glass an other debrie from around it ! That would have been a major tragedy !

All the industrials bldgs are made this way ?? here we dont have tornados ....... :laughing7:
Just ask city officials !

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda goes to what people can afford, rmptr. Lots of mobile home parks in Oklahoma. (Tornadoes are what make them mobile, too.) There has been a slight trend toward underground houses and best of all, underground schools. It's a crap shoot anyway. My Dad's house was built in 1901 in western Oklahoma in the middle of tornado alley and the worst damage we ever had was from an ice storm that just decimated two 100 year old cedar trees in the front yard. I live in the Rockies now and don't have problems with tornadoes anymore.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Commin again .... they said last time not here it just happened after the hail ! Today even NWS is saying MILD chance of anything here ...... tonight or tomorrow ! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that I am now worried about Fossis an Mr. an Mrs. OkieHB ! :(
I was on my way to EOC an she called said were all clear then another text a bit a go be ready to activate after 10 pm more then possible.
But the cold front should be here by then knocking us to 40 so we should be ok .

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
They just gave us the warning for a few hours from now.Wind has really picked up and getting real overcast.Guess I'll button up or down.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful Daddy this was a bad one that split they said hit Atocha head on one dead school gone an no news crews in yet !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread