Bar Sur Loup / Greolieres France

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On the way to some medieval ruins in Greolieres today, we passed by Bar Sur Loup... a gorgeous area in the South of France... it's too bad detecting is illegal in most areas...

The first pic is the view from Bar Sur Loup - the second and third pics are of Greolieres....

Maybe we should get permission to hunt Greolieres (yes it IS possible!) and invite TNet'rs here! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• bsl.jpg
    bsl.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 194
  • gr1.jpg
    gr1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 184
  • gr2.jpg
    gr2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 215

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics! Thanks Marc! This is the place in france i love most. Dont miss the Gorges du Verdon. Take the route from Greolieres to Castellane and then trough the canyon to the Lac de St. Croix. Its a must when Youre in this area!

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Westfront said:
Beautiful pics! Thanks Marc! This is the place in france i love most. Dont miss the Gorges du Verdon. Take the route from Greolieres to Castellane and then trough the canyon to the Lac de St. Croix. Its a must when Youre in this area!

I've been to Castellane (on the way to Digne!) But failed to make it to Lac de St. Croix... I guess I will put that on my list, go there, and take some pics, just for you!

Yes, this is a beautiful area, with far fewer scooters (and people), and much cleaner air than Cannes! I could even see myself buying a place there someday. :icon_thumleft:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
I've been to Castellane (on the way to Digne!) But failed to make it to Lac de St. Croix... I guess I will put that on my list, go there, and take some pics, just for you! Yes, this is a beautiful area, with far fewer scooters (and people), and much cleaner air than Cannes! I could even see myself buying a place there someday. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks a lot Marc! You went over the pass then. Is the small chalet on top still abandoned? What a view from there... You have missed the canyon. Do this if You have the time. Its very nice for taking pics. But dont do this just for me. :wink: Share this pics with all members here who can not go over for themself!

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We travelled from St Vallier De Thiey to Catellane.... towards Digne... It was just a year or so ago, and I do not remember a "pass". (but hey, I am used to passes such as Grants pass and Stevens Pass - in Oregon / Washington, so maybe it wasn't quite as impressive) We did not climb to the top where the church is (I guess that is what you are referring to) so I guess another trip is TRULY in order! :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pics. Reminds me a lot of Ouray, CO, but with character.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread