fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are finally getting a break from tornadoes, windstorms, lightning, & heavy rains, some in NW Ar got up to 17 ", with roads washed out, & several deaths.
We survived with just losing phone & electric for a day, plus getting two trees struck by lightning four foot from our house, throwing chunks of bark for several feet, & splitting the trees.
One limb blew down breaking the fence, & the Landlady's barn roof was blown off.
But that was nothing compared to death & destruction in other places.

Stay Safe
Fossis.............

Attachments

• storm pic\'s 010.JPG
    storm pic\'s 010.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 459
  • storm pic\'s 001.JPG
    storm pic\'s 001.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 461
  • storm pic\'s 003.JPG
    storm pic\'s 003.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 448
  • storm pic\'s 004.JPG
    storm pic\'s 004.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 453
  • storm pic\'s 005.JPG
    storm pic\'s 005.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 452
  • storm pic\'s 006.JPG
    storm pic\'s 006.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 442

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it ain't even May yet. Glad y'all squeaked through this round. The grass looks pretty fair at least.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
And it ain't even May yet. Glad y'all squeaked through this round. The grass looks pretty fair at least.

Thanks, the good thing about it all is, the drought was broken, but poor old Texas can't get any, & other places can't stop getting rain. :dontknow:

Fossis..............

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you , we have had four days of tornado warnings here and about 10 days of rain ! Hard rain that is .
Every thing is flooded , I spoke to my Son back in Ky and he said they have had the same sense he got back .
And May is when the big storms come for the year so I can only wonder what we have in store for us from Ok. through the East coast !

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daedalus said:
I feel for you , we have had four days of tornado warnings here and about 10 days of rain ! Hard rain that is .
Every thing is flooded , I spoke to my Son back in Ky and he said they have had the same sense he got back .
And May is when the big storms come for the year so I can only wonder what we have in store for us from Ok. through the East coast !

Thanks, it was so constant, no let up, that it started to take a toll on our nerves, I hope May is much calmer.

Fossis...........

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY FOSSIS,

WHEN YA GET DONE WITH THOSE STORMS, SEND 'EM TO KANSAS FOR A WHILE.
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SUN SHINE ON NW ARK FOR A FEW DAYS. :icon_sunny:
GLAD YOU MADE IT THRU ALL OF THIS MESS OK.

KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND YOUR FEET ON DRY GROUND.

STAY SAFE.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
My heart just aches for how bad some have had it this spring, I'm going out on a limb, and say this IS May's tantrum, hopefully it'll settle down soon...

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
fossis said:
We are finally getting a break from tornadoes, windstorms, lightning, & heavy rains, some in NW Ar got up to 17 ", with roads washed out, & several deaths.
We survived with just losing phone & electric for a day, plus getting two trees struck by lightning four foot from our house, throwing chunks of bark for several feet, & splitting the trees.
One limb blew down breaking the fence, & the Landlady's barn roof was blown off.

Stay Safe
Fossis.............

My heart goes out to you folks Fossis . It seems like just one after another and we ain't hit peak season yet ! Hoss

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
A little too close for my liking

Mine too, my wife & I were looking out the front door when the lightning struck outside a back bedroom, that would make a 'believer' out of anyone who doubts the power of lightning.

Fossis..........

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you made it through OK. We really need some rain down here in south Georgia. Temps are near record highs and we haven't had any rain in over two weeks. There is a chance tonight and I pray the Lord gives us some.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
HEY FOSSIS,

WHEN YA GET DONE WITH THOSE STORMS, SEND 'EM TO KANSAS FOR A WHILE.
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SUN SHINE ON NW ARK FOR A FEW DAYS. :icon_sunny:
GLAD YOU MADE IT THRU ALL OF THIS MESS OK.

KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND YOUR FEET ON DRY GROUND.

STAY SAFE.

I think Kansas missed them, they passed through the SE with lots more damage.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
My heart just aches for how bad some have had it this spring, I'm going out on a limb, and say this IS May's tantrum, hopefully it'll settle down soon...

Mine too, the storms & creek crossings claimed a young Mother & two men who misjudged the strength of the water & washed downstream & drowned.
Maybe the worst is over in Ok, but we feel for the folks to the East of us.

Fossis................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOSSNV said:
fossis said:

Stay Safe
Fossis.............

My heart goes out to you folks Fossis . It seems like just one after another and we ain't hit peak season yet ! Hoss

Thanks, Hoss

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fyrffytr1 said:
I'm glad you made it through OK. We really need some rain down here in south Georgia. Temps are near record highs and we haven't had any rain in over two weeks. There is a chance tonight and I pray the Lord gives us some.

We have been having grass fires & severe drought like Texas until these storms came along, now we have flooding.
I hope you get rain without the storms. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAN IT BE THAT MOTHER NATURE IS GOING THRU MENOPAUSE???
OR WOULD IT BE MORE LIKE "MINNOW PAWS"?

I'VE BEEN LOCKED UP FOR TOO LONG DODGING LIGHTENING AND HAIL, 4 INCH PER HOUR RAIN.
I'VE GOTTEN PUNCHY AND EVEN HEARTBROKEN FROM ALL OF THE LOSS OF PROPERTY AND
LIFE.
IT'S TIME FOR APRIL SHOWERS TO GIVE WAY TO MAY FLOWERS.

MY PRAYERS ARE FOR THE FOLKS THAT HAVE LOST ANY THING OR ANYONE TO THESE STORMS.
I AM THANKFUL THAT MY NEWFOUND FRIENDS HERE HAVE MADE IT THRU SAFELY.

BE SAFE
MIKEL

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my, Fossis, I'm sure glad you made it through that round of storms okay! I always look forward to the calm summer weather after April and May. The only good thing out of this is all the rain. All of the ranchers in this part of the state finally got to do their spring burning, but it was so dry and they had to dodge the burn bans and high winds. Now all the pastures are a rich emerald green and the cattle are getting fat on that green grass.
Take care!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
CAN IT BE THAT MOTHER NATURE IS GOING THRU MENOPAUSE???
OR WOULD IT BE MORE LIKE "MINNOW PAWS"?

I'VE BEEN LOCKED UP FOR TOO LONG DODGING LIGHTENING AND HAIL, 4 INCH PER HOUR RAIN.
I'VE GOTTEN PUNCHY AND EVEN HEARTBROKEN FROM ALL OF THE LOSS OF PROPERTY AND
LIFE.
IT'S TIME FOR APRIL SHOWERS TO GIVE WAY TO MAY FLOWERS.

MY PRAYERS ARE FOR THE FOLKS THAT HAVE LOST ANY THING OR ANYONE TO THESE STORMS.
I AM THANKFUL THAT MY NEWFOUND FRIENDS HERE HAVE MADE IT THRU SAFELY.

BE SAFE
MIKEL

We all wish them the best. :icon_sunny:

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Oh my, Fossis, I'm sure glad you made it through that round of storms okay! I always look forward to the calm summer weather after April and May. The only good thing out of this is all the rain. All of the ranchers in this part of the state finally got to do their spring burning, but it was so dry and they had to dodge the burn bans and high winds. Now all the pastures are a rich emerald green and the cattle are getting fat on that green grass.
Take care!

Thanks, we did get 'much needed' rain, hopefully things will calm down soon.

Fossis...........

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Looks like you lost some shade with those lightning strikes yet you got safely through. We finally got our first rain , 3inches since Oct. and some of the stumps were still in the ember state then we had another 8000 acre fire. We had more than 100,000 acres burned and lost 130 homes, over 100 cattle. Only lost one fireman that got hit by a fire truck in the smoke.
I watched those storms headed your way on radar. Seems they started near Abilene,TX and by passed us.
You and your neighbors paid a price for your rain. We got charged for the dry spell. Thanks for the pictures. Gnewt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread