searching for the original Tecumseh trail

JABBERWOCKY

Apr 20, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, S.E.F coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My second time out to this location. the main trail into Prophet's Rock, the Shawnee settlement from which Tecumseh attacked William Henry Harrison. This part of the trail was also turned into a resort in the 1880's.
HH!

S4022272.jpg

S4022271.jpg

S4022274.jpg

S4022273.jpg

S4022275.jpg

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting story and pictures. I have detected the site that he was supposed to spent the last night before he was killed. Who knows for sure but I will go with what some history people have to say. Nt. Brian C.

OP
OP
JABBERWOCKY

JABBERWOCKY

Apr 20, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just met a fellow MDer at this spot his ML explorer was popping out merc's left and right. after seeing his success I headed back today with my A250 to take it a little slower.
He also had some better research on the location. It was an amusement park built in 1895 with a steamboat and street car line. He thinks there was a fire that destroyed all the structures sometime around 1915. after which it became a depression era work camp and then a forgotten road side park. Even if I never have a find gotta love the history lessons! HH!!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
" Even if I never have a find gotta love the history lessons! "

So true! Looks like a neat place.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Brian C. said:
Interesting story and pictures. I have detected the site that he was supposed to spent the last night before he was killed. Who knows for sure but I will go with what some history people have to say. Nt. Brian C.

Great pics and a great story as well. The Battle of Thames where Tecumseh was killed happened near Chatham, Ontario. It's about 2 hours from where I live.

Brian C. any idea where this battlefield was? Can you detect on it?

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CanadianTrout said:
Brian C. said:
Great pics and a great story as well. The Battle of Thames where Tecumseh was killed happened near Chatham, Ontario. It's about 2 hours from where I live.
Brian C. any idea where this battlefield was? Can you detect on it?
No detecting this site any more. The land owner has let several people on over the years, but now his lawyer mentions insurance and the sort. I have seen a couple items that came off the site, the one was a button mold for British buttons. There is alot of history along that stretch, I did speak to the land owner about 10 years back on the phone, he said before I go on the field to come to the house, it is about an hours drive for me. When I got there we spoke for several minutes, he mentioned about this one person that had permission to detect, he said that he kicked him off the land,so he told me to leave. I did nothing to bring this on, so it will be a waist of your time. Brian C

OP
OP
JABBERWOCKY

JABBERWOCKY

Apr 20, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's too bad. maybe when this current owner passes on the land to his kids.......

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JABBERWOCKY said:
That's too bad. maybe when this current owner passes on the land to his kids.......
The land owner is in his middle 60s to late 60s, I am not sure who would be in charge. I detect another site that was an old town, the land owner pasted away, his wife lets me detect the site with little concern, but their only son is in charge of all their land. He is not as pleasent to deal with, but I will keep going back as long as she is alive. Nt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread