From the River

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
It is soooo hot here just can't do much outside. I drove down to the river for some sightseeing, here a few shots from today. We have a hydroelectric plant upstream about fifteen miles when they are generating, like today, the cold water creates fog making an eerie scene at night, It also drops the temp several degrees on the river bank it felt like being in an air condition room even with the temp. in the mid nineties. Someone had "dumped" three dogs...I just hate that, can't understand how some people can be so cruel. I have one I rescued from the same area about fifteen years ago, someone not only dumped her but had beat her so badly she didn't trust people. Took me over a week to catch her. Can't really take in any more as much as I would like to. Sorry I tend to ramble sometimes. (old age) Hope y'all enjoy one of my favorite places and everyone have a great day.
Richard

Attachments

• Upstream Cumberland River.jpg
    Upstream Cumberland River.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Upstream Brimstone Creek from Bridge.jpg
    Upstream Brimstone Creek from Bridge.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 323
  • Mouth of Brimstone Creek and Cumberland River.jpg
    Mouth of Brimstone Creek and Cumberland River.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC05003.jpg
    DSC05003.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 329
  • My Kind of Fisherman.jpg
    My Kind of Fisherman.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 317
  • Wildflower (Indian Pink, Woodland Pink, or Worm Grass).jpg
    Wildflower (Indian Pink, Woodland Pink, or Worm Grass).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 312
OP
OP
Tn Gizmo

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
allen said:
I hate people who do that to animals. >:(

I just got back from taking some food to them...can't give them a home but I will feed them. Hopefully someone will take them home.

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dogs are so loyal that they are still waiting there for the LOWLIFE who dropped them off to come back.

OP
OP
Tn Gizmo

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
dpitt8 said:
at least you are doing what you can for them

I'm not the only one feeding them, I went down to feed them two days ago and someone had left an opened twenty-five pound bag of dog food, they wouldn't even eat what I took. Will go down tomorrow and check on them.

Kentucky Kache said:
Beautiful pics there.

Thank you neighbor...mother nature did a good job down there.
fossis said:
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

You are very welcome, it is a pleasure to share my corner of the world with everyone.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's just me,but I'd love to go for a swim in that river. :icon_sunny:

28138digger

May 16, 2011
Lexington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TY for doing what is right! I cant imagine what them dogs are thinking or how scarred they are.. I am an animal lover and hate to see people doing this to "pets".. Anyways I think you will have some new friends.. I am sure they appreciate it!! GL and GB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread