Still at the River

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Decided to start a new topic and remove the following post from my "From the River" thread. I think this one got lost in there besides the topic sort of changed.

Went down to the river to feed the abandoned dogs (skipped this weekend because they had the twenty-five pound bag of dog food last time I was there) The two smaller ones are getting a bit used to me, they came up to me today and sniffed my hand, before I couldn't get close to them. while they were eating I walked down the boat access ramp to look at the river. I heard a familiar noise coming from the cane thicket (bamboo) I knew it was a puppy crying. I finally managed to make my way through the cane to the noise, I saw the pile of puppies but the noise was coming from closer to the water's edge, then I saw it about three feet from the pile of puppies. I picked it up and returned it to the pile...it went right to sleep. The lightest colored dog on the left in the photo from my "From the River" post is the mother...other two are male. I thought she looked pregnant when I first saw them but I never dreamed she was so close to having puppies. Here are the six puppies piled up in the cane thicket...sure takes a heartless person to do this. Sorry for the rant...Everyone have a great day.
Richard

Attachments

• DSC05142.jpg
    DSC05142.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC05142.jpg
    DSC05142.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 251

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I lived closer I would Take One of them HH Chug!!!!

Squishy

Jul 19, 2009
It's great that you are taking them food and looking out for them. We just adopted a puppy that the police pulled out of the river. There were more in the water, but this is the only one that survived. They think someone threw the litter in the river. >:(

Here is our river puppy
IMG_8672.jpg

We are reuniting him this weekend with the officer that jumped in the river to save him. Should be fun!

OP
OP
Tn Gizmo

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Looks like I'm not the only one that cares...I went to feed them this afternoon and someone had left another opened twentyfive pound of dog food for them. Mama dog was missing so I went back into the cane thicket to check on the puppies. Mama had moved them a short distance they are now under a large tree stump. Mama was there nursing the puppies, she growled a little when I walked up to them then she saw me and all was okay. They looked to be safe, I left the cane thicket and went back out to the parking lot, Mama dog came out also in about a minute. Her and I think he is her brother want to be petted but still don't trust me 100% they both wag their tails and bounce around wanting to play but shy away when I reach out to them. The hound has always allowed me to pet him although he was a bit wary at first. All three are looking better then when I first saw them.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, you have a big heart trying to care for those critters, Where I live they would most likely just get dispatched. You have my RESPECT! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread