hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
jeff of pa said:
packerbacker said:
hombre...........you can also make big bucks selling certain videos to the various tv shows. If you do the tiki torch thingy you may want to have the cameras rolling. ;D

are you sure he won't get charged with Cruelty ?
or worse ?

I'm not trying to be Funny
Just realistic, considering some people

I was implying that the video would be of me getting repeatedly stung lol! That would be the selling point - not the dead bees.

NaturalJWL said:
Hombre, I want to watch that video !!! :tongue3: :laughing7:

I think I may just wait till the 1st hard freeze. I've read one sting from these buggers will numb your entire arm for a couple of days.

I keep reading about how "aggressive" this particular species is, but I can stand about 10 feet in front of this nest and these guys just go about their business and ignore me. They continue to work on the outside of the nest and go in and out of the entrance and pay me no attention at all. I also have heard the hotter it is the more aggressive they become, but I think that is false as well because we have had some serious heat here lately.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was implying that the video would be of me getting repeatedly stung lol! That would be the selling point - not the dead bees.

Most definately on TV today :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in Michigan, those hornets don't always die in the winter, some become dormant. Don't take a nest into your home unless you are absolutely sure they are dead. There is an invasive species of large yellow jackets that I've seen the last couple of years, they also go into dormancy in the winter.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
I carried a hornet's nest to school in junior high for the science class. :laughing7:

Things got a little lively by afternoon, once they warmed up. :tongue3:

I was just trying to change my grade from a D to a Bee. :angel9: :laughing7: :laughing7:

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I've always heard that bald faced hornet stings were nasty. I was cutting grass a couple years ago and brushed against a bush that held a nest and got stung 5 times. Surprisingly it wasn't that painful. To me, yellow jacket stings are more painful then bald faced hornets.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lumbercamp said:
I've always heard that bald faced hornet stings were nasty. I was cutting grass a couple years ago and brushed against a bush that held a nest and got stung 5 times. Surprisingly it wasn't that painful. To me, yellow jacket stings are more painful then bald faced hornets.

Unless there are different species of Hornets,
I Heard they are pretty mild Mannerd actually.

Unless of course you go after the queen,
or are considerd a threat.

I thought only Killer bees strike unprovoked.

I'v had alot of bees buzz me
& Yellow jackets try to land on my mouth & Nose,
But as far as I'm aware,
I'v never been stung without a reason.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
jeff of pa said:
lumbercamp said:

Unless there are different species of Hornets,
I Heard they are pretty mild Mannerd actually.

Unless of course you go after the queen,
or are considerd a threat.

I thought only Killer bees strike unprovoked.

I'v had alot of bees buzz me
& Yellow jackets try to land on my mouth & Nose,
But as far as I'm aware,
I'v never been stung without a reason.

Just not a chance i'd be willing to take! ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
pat-tekker-cat said:
Arizona Bob said:
Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes only. Always seek professional advice before attempting this. Do not try this on a nest attached to a house. Always have appropriate fire fighting equipment (water hose/extinguisher/etc) nearby. User assumes full responsibility!
CYA-ing pretty heavy there A.B.! LOL! :laughing7: Do you choo, cat paker
Hombre, good to see, not good to see that hornets nest! So sorry dear, or hey, where we gonna sell it? hehehehehe :laughing7:
We had one of them, not quite that big, in the pear tree, down in Moultrie. Someone musta come by, and "harvested" it, themselves, cause one day it was there(next to road), next day, no more nest! :laughing7:
I can almost appreciate, the not haven to hassle with it, no I'm not allegic, but...............yek!

Also, Packerback, and ohioman, who be buying and paying big bucks for these things? :icon_scratch:
Inquiring minds would like to know! LOL! :laughing7:

Ok, for when ya get stung. If you allergic, GO TO HOSPITAL, doctor, fire department, GOT EPI, seek all of the above! (no moms great-uncle did not DIE from yellow-jacket sting and I lie).
If you not allergic, get ya a cigerette, or chewing tobacco, spit on it and get it soppy, put a pinch on the sting, and cover with bandaid, duct tape, whatever ya got. Leave on till shower, and/or re-apply after.
Something bout tobacco, sucks the sting out, won't hurt as bad for as long? I dunno :dontknow:
always worked for me

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NaturalJWL said:
I carried a hornet's nest to school in junior high for the science class. :laughing7:

Things got a little lively by afternoon, once they warmed up. :tongue3:

I was just trying to change my grade from a D to a Bee. :angel9: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Been there, done that, just not in school. :tongue3:

Fossis............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread