Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove over a hundred miles to 4 different areas and finally found a spot in a campground in Halfmoon Gulch to camp last night. Everything is full up here, and pretty much they're all from the front range or Texas. Nice to visit with the Texans though. Lots of mining history in this area. Tried to cut my thumb off with a dull hatchet which the grandson thought was pretty funny. Got a good lecture from him on the importance of keepin a first aid kit in the truck, too. Had to boil pine needles to disinfect the cut then wrap it with duct tape.

Attachments

• 7-30e.jpg
    7-30e.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 7-30d.jpg
    7-30d.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 310

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice camping spot, where's the pic of the boo-boo? I wanna see backwoods boo-boo- repair :laughing7:....NGE

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This World is 'getting mighty crowded', it's harder & harder to get away from people.

Fossis............

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We usually stay on private property to keep away from people. Nowdays, if you camp on public property, you better be armed. Usually have a few dogs along also to serve as early warning devices. Don't mean to turn this into some "survival" thread, just stating facts as I see them. Access to public land is going to become more and more restricted to a lot less land. I could get political here too but I won't. :wink: Nice spot though RG, hope you can use it next year also.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Whewww..... I'm glad RGINN wasn't half mooning folk.

Nice area and good pics, yep we need to see the boo boo, duct tape works wonders. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, no boo-boo pic. I've seen others bleedin to death, but sissy me gets a little faint at the sight of my own blood. Plus it was a stupid accident. I hear what you're sayin, Packerbacker. I don't like campin in an area with a lot of people but sometimes I got no choice. For the most part, my neighbors have been really decent. That will probably change, and the available campin area will probably get smaller in the future. I am always armed. Not a macho thing, but probably better to have it and not need it than vice versa. Sometimes I've forgotten to load it before retiring. I don't know about the dogs. This is bear country up here and bears don't like dogs. There was a bear attack south of where we were a couple of weeks ago, but that was due to bad camp housekeeping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions