Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Treasure (I didn't find) of Round Hill Colorado

Story is two guys chased by Indians, made a stand on top of this hill, and buried a substantial amount of gold. On top of the hill is a south facing U-shaped fortification (first pic) that does appear pretty old. People have dug all over the top of this hill. I had the detector, and I detected the glory holes, but nothin. I was searchin mainly for old bullets, and found two modern day ones. When I first got there I went up on a bald knob east of the hill to take some pics, and found six rocks laid out intentionally in the shape of an arrow or pointer. I have flagged the rocks in the pic, as I couldn't get them to show up decent in a pic. I have no idea what it points to. I followed it, and in line on down the hill is a very prominent quartz outcropping, so maybe that's it.

Attachments

• 9-1h.jpg
    9-1h.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 9-1i.jpg
    9-1i.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 9-1k.jpg
    9-1k.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 355
  • 9-1j.jpg
    9-1j.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 351
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The Treasure (I didn't find) of Round Hill Colorado

A strange sidelight. I hadn't been there 15 minutes and had found this arrow pointer. A vehicle came up over the hill and caught my eye, cause it was shiny and clean and this trail don't go to but one place. I thought a lost tourist. It slowed down and I got the impression I was bein watched, and when I got ready to take pics of the rock arrow, it actually stopped. I acted like I was messin with the camera and then took some pics of the mountains. It went on, check out my pick-up, and came back out. I had moved back over to the road and gave him a big country boy grin and wave, walked back to the truck and loaded up the .45 Ruger Vaquero. Probably nothin to it, but I just had a bad feelin about that whole deal. That night, I built a big fire, then used an OIT and slept 30 feet off away from it. Nothin happened, but got me to wonderin about those 'sentinel' stories.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: The Treasure (I didn't find) of Round Hill Colorado

RGINN,ya got the right sidearm!!!Nice pics by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions