Best-white.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 333

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
The first is a Leccinum, can't determine the species. The second is Boletus edulis, and a whopper!

Russians, I think, have a greater appreciation for fungi than many of English descent.

Do you search for any truffles?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome koleso........neat pics. That first one screws up my sense of depth perception. I think it's because of the size of the mushroom.

OP
OP
koleso

koleso

Oct 5, 2011
Saint-Petersburg
Tuberale said:
The first is a Leccinum, can't determine the species. The second is Boletus edulis, and a whopper!

Russians, I think, have a greater appreciation for fungi than many of English descent.

Do you search for any truffles?
This is scientific name of mushroom-in wood i say red and white,but not:Mom i am really search Boletus edulis)))

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
If you go to mushroomobserver.org, and search for Boletus edulis, you should get many photos similar to yours.

I think you Leccinum may be Leccinum scabrum, especially if it is found near birch trees, like the ones shown in your photos.

If you post your photos at mushroomobserver.org, you will have many experts suggest probable names quickly.

OP
OP
koleso

koleso

Oct 5, 2011
Saint-Petersburg
I am not interested scientific names, we say easier.Yellow mushroom-we say Fox :thumbsup:

Attachments

• y_cbfcbe23.jpg
    y_cbfcbe23.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 536

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Sorry you don't like scientific names.

Latin names help in identification of mushrooms. Boletus edulis means "edible Bolete".

Cantharellus (Bright yellow mushroom you call fox) should have apricot aroma. Nobody knows that to call Cantharellus now, because Cantharellus cibarius (Yellow chanterelle) has recently been shown to grow very few places, mostly Scandinavia, Denmark and a small piece of Great Britain.

Had Ukrainian friends mistake an Amanita mushrooms for an edible Russian species. Bad mistake. Very sick.

OP
OP
koleso

koleso

Oct 5, 2011
Saint-Petersburg
I am veteran in this business,with 14 years of grandfather and forest wonder.I am sorry Ukrainian friends who do not know species of fungi!!! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread