• Grandfather Mtn 5.jpg
    Grandfather Mtn 5.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 920

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a beautiful area.... all along the smokys. Right back up to Mt. Airy, NC. Been in the area many times. Can you find LICK SKILLETT, VA? Nice area. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yes, i know where Lick Skillet, Va. is. I have been by there several times. Another nice area. rockhound

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rockhound said:
Yes, i know where Lick Skillet, Va. is. I have been by there several times. Another nice area. rockhound
Also detected some old foundations around Tazewell,VA. in the early '90s. Another great area along there. Your post is re-activating some nuerons long dormant! Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
There are some great location around this area if you can get permission to hunt them. You seem to also live in an area of much interest. Good Luck. rockhound

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, mile high is what we call the flatlands, but cool pics and I could spend a lot of time poking around in the rocks there.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rockhound said:
There are some great location around this area if you can get permission to hunt them. You seem to also live in an area of much interest. Good Luck. rockhound
The area around Yarnell is fairly new to me. If you are including the areas down below.... Rich Hill, Stanton, Congress..... yes, very nice. Tace Care. TTC

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
You might get lucky poking around those rocks. Gold has been found at the botom of the mountain in one of the creeks. Not large amounts, but any amount of gold is good. Also, not far from there are many gem mines spread around the mountains, rubys, sapphires, garnets, emeralds and more are found there. Good Luck. rockhound

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to GFM a few years ago. It was the middle of Summer and at the swinging bridge it was cold and the wind was blowing about 50 mph. I thought it was going to turn our car over. When we came back off the mountain it was like a different day. We stayed in Ashville, beautiful country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread