fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After working with some 'yakety people' for several days, (painting & putting down snap on flooring), I needed some relief from stress.
I started driving south into the Mts, saw a controlled burn, walked a river & gravel bar finding Indian worked flint, pottery, & an eagle feather, plus a crawdad traveling across the gravel. ::)
Soon my 'stress' faded away, & I am ready for another Monday's work. :P

Fossis.........

Attachments

• river walking 002.JPG
    river walking 002.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 417
  • river walking 005.JPG
    river walking 005.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 398
  • river walking 010.JPG
    river walking 010.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 404
  • river walking 011.JPG
    river walking 011.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 522
  • river walking 018.JPG
    river walking 018.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 546
  • river walking 019.JPG
    river walking 019.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 563
  • river walking 014.JPG
    river walking 014.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 560
  • river walking 017.JPG
    river walking 017.JPG
    328.1 KB · Views: 575

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
fossis,Them CrawDads are some real nice fish bait!!!!Nice flints! God Bless Chris

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the photo's. Yes it is rewarding to get out and relieve some stress.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. Good to see you're makin a hand in the home repair business, how are you at shovellin snow? Could be a bright future ahead of you here in Colorado. (Just kiddin) We used to fish them crawdads out of their holes in SE Oklahoma and cook their tails over a campfire. Caught some good channel cats with the smaller ones.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
fossis,Them CrawDads are some real nice fish bait!!!!Nice flints! God Bless Chris

Thanks Chris, they're good eating too.

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old digger said:
Enjoyed the photo's. Yes it is rewarding to get out and relieve some stress.

Thanks

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Nice pics. Good to see you're makin a hand in the home repair business, how are you at shovellin snow? Could be a bright future ahead of you here in Colorado. (Just kiddin) We used to fish them crawdads out of their holes in SE Oklahoma and cook their tails over a campfire. Caught some good channel cats with the smaller ones.

I'me getting too old for this kind of work, & 'shoveling snow' might not be much better. :icon_scratch:
My oldest Son can fix up a 'mean mess of crawdads', he took after his Mom, they are both good cooks.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronwoodcraft said:
Yep surefire stress relief! :icon_thumright:

Take a walk in the woods & your cares fall away like leaves, I think that was a quote from John Muir.

Fossis...........

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fossis, I absolutely love the pictures, as usual you made my mouth drop! :notworthy: Now I just have to decide which one to use for my background! :icon_scratch: Thank you so much for brightening my day!!!! :thumbsup: Red

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, painting is a lot of stress...I've been @ it for 2 weeks on the same room. :help: I did take a break too, this morn I hit the field looking for artifacts, then cut some grass then back to painting.

You had a beautiful day to venture away from all that stress. Love the scenery & your finds. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug And Red said:
Fossis, I absolutely love the pictures, as usual you made my mouth drop! :notworthy: Now I just have to decide which one to use for my background! :icon_scratch: Thank you so much for brightening my day!!!! :thumbsup: Red

Thanks

Fossis..........

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual, terrific photos! Beautiful scenery, relics and we have had the wonderful pleasure ::)of smelling controlled burns all week in our immediate area.

don

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Well, painting is a lot of stress...I've been @ it for 2 weeks on the same room. :help: I did take a break too, this morn I hit the field looking for artifacts, then cut some grass then back to painting.

You had a beautiful day to venture away from all that stress. Love the scenery & your finds. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, I guess painting doesn't bother me much, I was a painter for twenty years or more, painted apartments, maintenance painter in a hospital, lots of houses over the years.

Fossis............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
As usual, terrific photos! Beautiful scenery, relics and we have had the wonderful pleasure ::)of smelling controlled burns all week in our immediate area.

don

Thanks Don, those burns get pretty rough on folks with allergies & asthma, one got away from them the other day, had to bring in helicopters to put it out.

Fossis.................

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, nice pics! You should let some Indians know about the eagle feather. Rumor has it our brilliant government is going to allow Indians to kill some eagles to get feathers for their "religious" activities. Who knows, maybe the gov't. will end up allowing them to kill some white-eyes to get scalps. :D

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
packerbacker said:
Yep, nice pics! You should let some Indians know about the eagle feather. Rumor has it our brilliant government is going to allow Indians to kill some eagles to get feathers for their "religious" activities. Who knows, maybe the gov't. will end up allowing them to kill some white-eyes to get scalps. :D
:laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:

I didn't want to carry it home, with my luck I would be in a 'roadblock', & have some 'splainin' to do.
I had a chicken feather painted to look like an eagle feather hanging from my rear view mirror, but after drawing a lot of hard looks from law enforcement & Game wardens, I took it off. :-\

Fossis..........

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love to find my chi in the woods or walking a river bank. Nothing better to relieve stress than to get out in mothernature. Love the pics. I walked mountians for about two hours this morning finding only shotguns shells and briars but the peice of mind was priceless.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread