Iceberg in my backyard!! No kidding!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a pic of an iceberg outside of my home..Had to get a pic. Icebergs are a common sight along Newfoundlands coast in early spring and summer....and it was off our coast where the Titanic struck the berg that sank her.

Iceberg water is supposedly considered to be the purest on earth and we do sell bottled iceberg water here and there is a brewery that makes iceberg vodka...and believe it or not even the Russians say it is the best vodka!!!! Never tasted it myself... Icebergs are a big tourist draw..so come on up and experience the bergs and our culture!! You may be able to do some detecting while you are here!

Newfiehunter....

Attachments

• 100_1015.JPG
    100_1015.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 133

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Russians loved Gordon's Vodka too, so I wouldn't go by their taste :tongue3:

That iceberg looks more like an aircraft carrier than a natural iceberg too..

Historical note:

During WWII the American and British were experimenting on actually building ice-block aircraft carriers. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judging by the size of that berg...I'd say it is larger than two or three aircraft carriers put together!! That is a long way out there!! Icebergs come in different shapes and sizes..not always your typical mountain style shape...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions