Closeup pics of ICEBERGS!!!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 100_1030.JPG
    100_1030.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_1035.JPG
    100_1035.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_1036.JPG
    100_1036.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 142

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome. I saw your first post about icebergs which incidentally you posted on the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic off of the coast of Newfoundland.

Some beautiful country there.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
That's sweet, quite the view you have.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the same iceberg from the original pics. There were choppers flying over it and people going out in speedboats. They were like little black dots beside it. One member on the forum said it looked like an aircraft carrier...which would look like a dwarf beside that berg...I heard it explode as it began to break apart...It was so loud...thought it was cannon fire!!

Cape Race, Newfoundland was in communications with Titanic before and after she struck the berg. One of the reasons why she didn't heed the warnings about the icebergs in the area was because the first class passengers wanted personal messages sent to New York which were relayed from Titanic via Cape Race to New York. The wireless operator on Titanic telegraphed other ships..."Shut up, Shut up, I'm working Cape Race". The other ships were warning Titanic of icebergs but because the wireless operator had to send those personal messages, he ignored their warnings. And the rest as they say is history.....

Last edited:

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
Great stuff NFH ! I could use one of those right now ! It is 98° as of 5:00 PM here in southren Nevada ! Hoss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions