Panniment Anne

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
On this post we will visit the Bullfrog , Rhyloite cemetery where many of those that sought thier foutune out west but never found it now recide . About 200 yds long and 100 yds across it is a big graveyard . I am guessing that between 300 and 400 souls rest here ....... most thier names now known only to God . Time now wears away the faint mounds that are the only markers of the many that came to this desloate place to find thier riches and then die without enough money for even small headstone . The last person buried here is also considered one of the last great legends of the American West . On June 22 , 1912 Mary Elizabeth White ( Madison ) was born in Washington D.C and began a life the rest of us could never imagine . Child bride , bootlegger , mother , mechainc , miner and so much more . The pharse " They don't make them like this anymore ! " truly applies to this amazeing woman . I shall be on the road around the time of Anne's 100 birthday ( it is close to my B-Day ) and I think I will stop and uncork the jug and have toast with Panniment Anne ! For the whole story of Anne's life see the link below . Thanks for coming along ! Hope you had a good time ! Hoss
Panamint Annie--One of the Last Immortals of the West

Attachments

• DSCN2318.JPG
    DSCN2318.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN4194.JPG
    DSCN4194.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN4217.JPG
    DSCN4217.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN4221.JPG
    DSCN4221.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN4227.JPG
    DSCN4227.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 169

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pics, Hoss! I enjoyed reading the writeup of Panamint Annie.

OP
OP
HOSSNV

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
Annie was quite a gal, wasn't she? I admire her pluck, but feel so sorry for her soul.

Shed no tears for Annie Bill . She lived her life on her own terms and I am sure God loves her as much as he doe's the rest of us " sinners and saints " . For desert folk it is all about survial . This is a land of extremes . Freezing tempatures at night and blisstering hot in the day . Anne did what she had to do to survie and if for no other reason this makes her very speical ! Hoss

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed reading the link. I like the footnotes to history, that you never get to hear much about.

OP
OP
HOSSNV

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
I enjoyed reading the link. I like the footnotes to history, that you never get to hear much about.

Thanks RGINN ! Glad you liked it ! Yes you are absolutely right . As a amatuer historian these are the things I seek out . The stuff they never taught us in school . Hoss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread