There is nothing like the storms we get here in Texas!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from a second round of Thunderstorms... this shot was amazing! it was so bright it lit up everything including the camera... I usually don't use Photoshop but with out it you'd never see this shot... check out the before and after shots!

Check it out in fullscreen mode if you can!

Chukers

bolts.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Take care and don't get turned into a big ol lightnin rod.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Take care and don't get turned into a big ol lightnin rod.

Yeah that is true... I was more concerned with the constant rumbling from all the thunder I was thinking I was hearing a tornado... I couldn't believe it was all thunder!

Chukers

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And keep in mind Chuker, this is the rain y'all prayed for last summer. (I kinda put in a word for that too last summer.)

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a-LIGHTNING700-386x217.jpg

We get some pretty good ones here in New Mexico too, This picture was taken about 5 yeats ago in Albuquerque, I tell ya it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And keep in mind Chuker, this is the rain y'all prayed for last summer. (I kinda put in a word for that too last summer.)

thank you very much... our lake is full we have had 14 inches this year! so its all good... they still have us on water restrictions... and I don't blame them we had half of our lake missing!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 633604

We get some pretty good ones here in New Mexico too, This picture was taken about 5 yeats ago in Albuquerque, I tell ya it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up

That is a very cool shot! I'll never see it like that in my location... the one I took, what was so hair raising about it, was that it was so close it had to been almost above my head I would have to guess around 500 yards or less? and at that distance one is enough! I was blinded for a few seconds and I ducked! The thunder came a second after... now I have been closer... I have been where I felt the heat and the thunder cracked 1/10th of a second after if not faster... I didn't have a camera then, at least not one that could do this!

Thanks for sharing I love that picture... I'd love to see the high resolution version of it!

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a video of what we got last night...

Chukers

bcinbucks

Dec 30, 2007
Philadelphia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuckers & Snakeyes .................great pics. Thanks for sharing. Chuckers..........enjoyed the video. Haven't had any real bad storms here (out side of Philly) in a good while but I've been noticing that the weather seems to be getting crazier and crazier. Not a good sign if ya ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread