YESSSS,...Finally

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hi all ,
Heres a lit' beauty I picked up today at work . Now, I'm going to call him [?] a her [?] as I find her just absolutely gorgeus !!
She is a Califonia Mountain Kingsnake [Lampropeltis Zonata] . She isn't "rare" by any means ,.. but I'm going on my third summer on this large prim habitat property ,.. and she is my first !!

DSC07088rs720x540.jpg

She was a class act all the way,..and stayed cool calm & collected as I showed her to many "co-workers". May I digress.....
Her color patern is to mimic the Coral Snake ,.which is venomous . And the funny thing about that is ,.there are no coral snakes around here [Mnts of So. Cali ] . I'll digress even more ,..; Red on yellow kill a fellow [Coral Snake],.. Red on black freind of Jack [Kingsnake]
Anyway,...Many workers here are from Mexico and Guatemala ,where they do have Coral Snakes . They are dispached as quickly as any ol' buzz-tail ever was . Anyway, my spanglish is well O.K. and they seem to understand ,.. but old habits ??

DSC07074rs540x720.jpg

Before I took her back home ,. I made afew stops for pic's , mossy rocks ,ceder tree etc,...the camera just loved her

Well,..one down for the bucket list ! ,..Blindpig

Last edited:

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful snake. I always enjoy walking around exploring the woods.

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
Arizona King Snake

post_snake_arizonaking.jpg

Photograph taken near Flagstaff, Arizona.
He was about 2' long.

Also known as a Sonora King Snake, Mountain King Snake, or
Scarlet King Snake, and they are found in many parts of the US.

I saw one many years ago near Big Sur, Monterey, California.

:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
DSC07083cr1056x997.jpg

Mrtim ,..Yesssss ,.nice to take a differant path ,..every now & then

William Boyd ,. nice ! been on the look out for near 3 yrs ,. always move'n equipment up & down are rd. ,. many "hot" spots where they should be,.... sometimes luck will just cross your path ,. out of the blue .

Packerbacker . funny name there .:laughing7:. I put her back where hence she came ,. infact the first pic was my last, I layed her back down right there ,..
But this is in Riverside Co. and legal to take up to two per day ,.. good luck with that ,...I feel lucky find'n one in 3 yr's
thanks again ,.Joel

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a regal snake. We have the King snake and the queen snake here. They feed on copper heads and timber rattlers and are immune to the venom and a constrictor. But sir that snake is beautiful. Thank you for putting it back. The mexicans here kill every snake they see but do eat the rattlers which we have many.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice snake. So many people don't understand snakes and are terrified of them. I've had people want to show me a common garter snake they have killed. Sorry, I'd rather see it alive.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Well, Well ,..TnMnt's how ya doing !! I saw your fine little Clovis point made it back on top of the board in the AIA forum ,.. but havn't seen any resent finds of yours there of late ?? Hope your still get'n out ,..from time to time ?? I myself been real busy with the new house & work ,.a good thing , but in time,. I'll get to look'n again ..
Hi there Digging -everything ,. and welcome to T-net ,.have to agree ,. for heaven snakes ,.so many peaple,. I don't understand ??

O.k. heres another snake ,. this one at my place . Anyway last sunday this little bird was hopping from rock to rock flap'n it's wings and making quite a fuss ,. I figured there was a snake lurk'n about,..

It was a California Kingsnake ,.which is nothing more then a Common Kingsnake that resides in California . But out here in Cali ,.everyone has to be "special" but yet labeled ?? Anyway the Common / Cali Kingsnake color pattern is banded white on black [cream/ choc. brown] ,..typically. There are exceptions ,.and Cali has a label for 'em all !! Had a look at a web site ,. lots of pic's of Cali Kingsnakes , .banded,. and the commmon striped ones ,. my favorite the chain link ,. but then there were more label & pic's like the partially striped ,scrambled banded , speckled morph ,.bloched morph ,.etc .. Well , the best I can assume ,. this fella here is a Partially striped & bloched morph Mutant ,..he's very "special" .
Thanks , ..I'm feel'n special now ,....Blindpig ..

Attachments

• DSC07149rs720x540.jpg
    DSC07149rs720x540.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread