Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!B1L,pQgB2k~$(KGrHqV,!h8E)qqEGRffBMdZZ3fBmQ~~_12.jpg Looks like fun, eh?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhhhh That does look like fun.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowfishing is a great sport...i did this for afew years on a state level and took home team of the year 2 years running until i retired

GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a ray? You can't eat those things can you? I know, in Alaska, we catch skates which are basically a ray-type fish but they say the only edible part is a couple chunks out of each wing so we just turn 'em loose. Nice pic!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a ray? You can't eat those things can you? I know, in Alaska, we catch skates which are basically a ray-type fish but they say the only edible part is a couple chunks out of each wing so we just turn 'em loose. Nice pic!!

Yes,you can eat Rays and my bowfishing hobby is bigger than my metal detecting....this time of year(since March)I go at least every other night.All done with the tournies for the year,but have been at it for over 26 years

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice you are from CA. What species are legal to take with a bow? For fresh water I'm under the impression only carp or what we call squawfish. How about the ocean? I guess anything legal with a speargun would be legal with a bow??

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamprey,squawfish-whitefish ie (Pike Minnow)and carp inland.Stngrays,mako,and blue sharks
My biggest carp is 41 lbs,buddy shot a 57 lber in the delta

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
You need to come down to the trinity river outside of Dallas TX. For some alligator gar bow fishing! Biggest craze of bow fishing to hit TX. Talk about some monster looking fish!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to come down to the trinity river outside of Dallas TX. For some alligator gar bow fishing! Biggest craze of bow fishing to hit TX. Talk about some monster looking fish!

I have a lot of buds that guide gar trips down there,your right,the sport has exploded!I have been at it for over 25 years and until recently,nobody ever heard of it

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Gold Maven, Looks like you found the treasure. Beautiful day, good sport and a nice looking place to fish.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
common over to the il. river and get all the asian carp, invasive species taking over. they even come flying out of the river if you like a moving target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions