Iron pyrite crystals

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there still any question as to why they call this "fool's gold"? Taken in sunlight. Found in the crushed rock used locally for road surfacing. Murphys, CA. If the crushed rock is "sparkling", get out of the auto... if safe to do so... and collect some of these pretty crystals. Stan and his 4 year old grandson collect this "gold". TTC

pyrite2.jpg View attachment pyrite3.bmp

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, My Brothers driveway was loaded with that stuff,got a big piece of it in my fish tank.,at least I can look at the "treasure" I'll never find.:laughing7: God Bless Chris

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, My Brothers driveway was loaded with that stuff,got a big piece of it in my fish tank.,at least I can look at the "treasure" I'll never find.:laughing7: God Bless Chris
Chris, step into the middle of your livingroom. pull your "significant other" with you. THEN tell me you have not found treasure! TTC

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, step into the middle of your livingroom. pull your "significant other" with you. THEN tell me you have not found treasure! TTC
Terry, Worth more than Rubies!!!!!!!!!! Your right, BEST TREASURE EVER!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions