BEAUTIFUL quartz crystal!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This pic just doesn't do this crystal justice. A friend and I went to a local gold mine shaft (adit). We collected rock samples to investigate. I found some clay-like mineral on one of the walls. I smeard some onto a rock we had in the bucket.Today, after the clay dried somewhat, I broke it open to find this crystal... and two others. Wish I could have gotten a better pic. I did not even know this crystal was there till I broke open the clay. The cluster is very tiny, less than 2 mm across. Tnx. TTC View attachment crystal2.bmp

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I see some specks of gold in the photo? Nice Find!:icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No gold, so far. Lots of that yellow powder everywhere, though. Also, a bright white mineral leaching through the rock cracks. The white stuff was very wet with the consistency of tapioca pudding. Lots of iron "rust" dripping everywhere. Found the dynamite room, with an electric blasting cap still there. Evidence that the mine was still active only a few years ago. We will probably look somemore after I get back from AZ and the Caldwell, KS gig in Oct. Tnx, guys. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread