• delete.JPG
    delete.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 83

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Golden Oaks. I have hunted the coastline there MANY times between '91 and 2000. Are you able to hunt there in the winter? During the winter, the sand "goes out" to sea. That means the winter beaches are 14 feet or so lower than summer beaches. I hunted the far northern beaches between Duck and Corolla. I found 4 rings one day amongst the rock and coral. Nice pic! Tnx. TTC

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful pic! Did you find anything worth telling us about?

OP
OP
Golden oaks

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TerryC, thanks for the tip. I'm here from Ohio to care for a family member(with help). Not sure as to how long I'll be here. That will motivate me to get out there more often!

River Rat, I found a whole 3 cents that day. The previous day I was working a public beach area and found 54 cents! :headbang:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also hunted further south, near Kitty Hawk. There is a pier down there. In the winter (14 feet less sand) I found the pilings from a previous pier. I found coins from the 30s! But WOW, LOTS of iron. Persistance is a virtue in such conditions, but worth picking throuh the iron! Did you find anything of worth? TTC

OP
OP
Golden oaks

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been working the Crystal coast area a lot. Only finding clad, fishing tackle & trash. I enjoy doing this and have only been at it for about 2 weeks (real novice). I dig everything and it's mostly trash. I work as close to the water as I can usually. I'm trying to find what the Atlantic wants to take away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread