IMG_1981 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic! I have them hanging around all year although it DOES get cold here in N. California so I keep the feeders out; just less sugar. I've had them so cold perched on my outside Christmas lights that I actually picked one up, cupped it in my hands and took it into the house and slowly breathed into my hands 'til he got warm. Then took him outside and let him go.

OP
OP
S

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
btw.......that's a great looking plant too. What is it and what part of the world are you in?

you ain't gonna like this, judging by your "handle" but I live just outside the great city of Chicaggy! Go Bears! That plant is a Canna Lily, they have to be dug up in the fall and wintered over in the semi coolness of the basement/garage.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen a hummer at a Canna lily before. Our Cannas are outside year round down here.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok dog. As much as I dislike the 49ers, it was good to watch them spank the Bears last night. :) Too bad about your qb, I don't think the 9ers would have done so well had he been there. I hate to see any team lose due to injured players though but I suppose it's a fair part of the game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread