Results from a new driver.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
My son just got his drivers license about a month ago. Things seemed to go ok until Friday night. Somehow he got tangled up with a four wheel drive truck when he was backing out of a parking stall.....At least that's the story I got. It's hard to believe but he just left a little paint on the other guys bumper. Sure made a mess of his mothers car though. No tickets and I'll replace the fender and lights myself with used parts. Maybe a bender like this is a good thing and he'll be a better driver for it.

Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve

Attachments

• Car1.jpg
    Car1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Car3.jpg
    Car3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Probably a rookie mistake of watching where the cars rear was going as he backed out and forgot the front was also swinging out the other way. As a parent myself I am absolutley terrified of my kids getting drivers lic's. 16 is simpley to young to be saddled with the level of responsibility of driving a car.

With some of the crap myself and friends pulled when we were kids I'm surprised no one got hurt; or worse. Scarey stuff.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Probably scared the.............out of him. My guess he'll be a more conservative driver now.

OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Probably scared the.............out of him. My guess he'll be a more conservative driver now.
Hello khpony,
I hope it does open his eyes a bit and realize it serious business getting behind the wheel. He is a good kid though and hasn't been in any trouble otherwise.

Thanks,
Sidevalve

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I suppose everybody would be glad to hear he didn't get hurt. At least it was his mom's car (haha!) Learning to drive, I crashed my Dad's 57 Chevy into a tree. I was amazed at how well he took it, but I suppose since he was in the passenger seat he just felt lucky to still be alive. Plus, it was a 4-door and you know he would have been more p*ssed if it was the 2dr 55 he had before.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, gotta just soak those losses up. If you got a teenager these days that isn't getting into trouble you can be very thankful and I'm sure a lot of credit should go to his parents as well. GOOD JOB! Tell him you love him and all you care about is his safety.
Oh, almost forgot......."Back the Pack!" :)

OP
OP
Sidevalve45

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Yep, gotta just soak those losses up. If you got a teenager these days that isn't getting into trouble you can be very thankful and I'm sure a lot of credit should go to his parents as well. GOOD JOB! Tell him you love him and all you care about is his safety.
Oh, almost forgot......."Back the Pack!" :)
Hello Packerbacker,
I had a used fender and headlight assembly installed in five days. Same color as the rest of the car for $240.00 so I guess that wasn't too painful. Didn't even consider turning into the insurance company because they'd just jack my rates way up. And yes how about those Packer. NFC North Champs!

Sidevalve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions